New Pentair Quad DE and multiport 261055 not lining up

Maybe you can heat up the bottom pipe enough with a heat gun to get enough flex to force it in?

If you can't make it work, you will probably need to contact the seller to see what they can do.

Is there any adjustment with the filter's bottom bulkhead fitting? Can it be backed out enough to make up the difference? Or is that supposed to be threaded in all the way (to a positive stop)?
Not really. There is an O-ring that needs to be compressed to make a tight seal.

It seems that the tolerances are a tiny bit off on the filter and the multiport.

If you can't force it in without causing excessive stress, you might need new parts.

Maybe tighten the bottom nut first and then use a heat gun to warm up the bottom pipe while pushing the top fitting in until it is fully in and then tighten the top nut and let the pipe cool.

Be careful not to melt or burn the bottom pipe.

Get good even heat.

Reactions: lotsalemon
Not really. There is an O-ring that needs to be compressed to make a tight seal.

It seems that the tolerances are a tiny bit off on the filter and the multiport.

If you can't force it in without causing excessive stress, you might need new parts.

Maybe tighten the bottom nut first and then use a heat gun to warm up the bottom pipe while pushing the top fitting in until it is fully in and then tighten the top nut and let the pipe cool.

Be careful not to melt or burn the bottom pipe.

Get good even heat.
I'm working with customer service right now with INYO where I ordered the parts, hopefully they can get this figured out.

Thanks for the help everyone - just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything - but one or both of these parts are slightly off.

You might need a new multiport and bottom fitting.

I think that if you got both nuts started and then warmed up the bottom pipe, you could slowly tighten the nuts until they were tight.

It only needs to bend a little bit.

You might need a new multiport and bottom fitting.

I think that if you got both nuts started and then warmed up the bottom pipe, you could slowly tighten the nuts until they were tight.

It only needs to bend a little bit.
I agree...just waiting on a reply from Pentair before I do anything.

Reactions: JamesW
Had the exact same filter valve combination. Found the same misfit. I tightened the top fitting and warmed the lower piece with a heatgun and tightened the lower nut. Fits perfectly now.
Thanks - good to know. I'm thinking I'll probably just go this route, just need a heat gun. Dealing with Pentair customer service on this now and boy are they slow to get back. Two phone calls and emails with pictures and I'm still waiting to hear back from one of their techs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe a dumb question - would I just heat the entire length of the lower piping?
I would focus on the middle 75% and avoid the ends.

4612a-03.jpg

4612a-02.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.