New pebble sheen finish chipped and hard seam between walls and the floor.

Nate Shalduha

May 16, 2022
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We just finished having our pool built and the pebble sheen finish installed on May 3rd. I noticed when the installation crew was doing the finish , they did the walls first. After the walls were done, they cut out the last few inches on the bottom of the wall after the transition so there was an even layer to finish the bottom to. Well when troweling the bottom to that seam, they left a very noticeable transition. Is this normal? Also Thursday May 12, 9 days after installation I noticed 2 small chips in the bottom. Alittle smaller then the size of a dime. I can see the concrete shell through them. How should this be properly fix? This pebble sheen layer looks extremely thin, is this the standard? GH010212_Moment.jpgGH010213_Moment(3).jpgGH010213_Moment(2).jpgGH010213_Moment.jpgGH010212_Moment(2).jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

They can fill and patch those chips.

The Pebble Tec interior shall be finished to a semi-smooth finish within limits of established trade practices for a hand troweled surface. Thickness of the material from the face of the gunite/shotcrete structure to the finished Pebble Tec surface shall be no less than 5/16” thick.

I don’t see a problem with the floor transitions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.