Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi, so I am finally getting round to redoing my pad, this is what I have now:

IMG_0133.JPG
I plan to rip it all out, make a nice concrete pad all the way to the edge of the house, leaving a rectangle of earth for the pipes to come up out of the ground. I have a new multiport valve to replace the T valve, and I am adding a Stenner pump and 30 gallon tank to inject acid to combat the SWCG as no matter what I do I can't get the acid level to settle down.

First question, in the below pic, the 2 black pipes on the left next to the automation, one is capped (white top) and one is capped but has a large slit cut into it, I presume that is air intake for the spa, but what would the other sealed one be? I have not dug up the pipes yet so don't know where they run to.

IMG_0135.JPG

Second question, I want to simplify the layout, I don't need the manual valve that balances the pool/spa return (spa has a waterfall spillover) as I use the automation spillover now. Have I missed anything in the below layout?
1553193743404.png

I also plan to move the automation unit and mount it on the wall on side of the side of the house.

Any tips, suggestions would be appreciated, I thought about a heater bypass valve, but don't think its necessary?

Thanks

Heater bypass is not necessary until you need it. Either because your heater springs a leak, or your water pH gets questionable, or you get scale in your pool and need to lower the pH into the 6s for treatment, etc. its just a bit more PVC, a Jandy 2 way valve, and a check valve. Highly recommended.

Black pipe could be a line for a pressure cleaner booster pump. Do you have a return opening in the pool with no water flow out?

What is the ACID block? You need a check valve to protect the SWG from acid.

The acid block is a T with a reducer in it, and connected to the stenner acid pump, the reducer has a check valve in it to prevent water going back into the acid tank, it is also wired to the main pump power so it can't add acid if the main pool pump is not on. I plan to fill the acid tank with 50% water 50% muriatic acid.

Jandy 7512 90-Degree, 2-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch Check Valve, my drawing skill is terrible, its only 2d but the idea is that that connection would be vertical, so the check had a foot or so of water above it, to keep it closed.

It was intended to protect the heater from the SWCG and acid, I did not think that I needed a check between the acid and the SWCG as well?

It was intended to protect the heater from the SWCG and acid, I did not think that I needed a check between the acid and the SWCG as well?

If you think the heater needs to be protected from backflow from the highly chlorinated water in the SWG (which I think is unnecessary), then the acid is more likely to damage the SWG cell plates with any backflow.

Acid is much more damaging then any highly chlorinated water the SWG can create.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.