New owner-builder (kinda) in Arizona

OH YEAH!! That is a REAL pool! Good job on working on bonding with your new baby!

Here is your set of links! Take your time going through them and getting to know things like Pool Math and TFP language.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

What test kit are you getting?

Kim:kim:

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Hey Azsunsets! Sorry, don't know what happened, I'll send you an email so you can send those back and I'll refund you. Rebecca

Thank you!
I appreciate that!! I'm sure they are wonderful test kits, but I really don't need 3.

It kept saying I was missing card info, or at least looked like it wasn't processing & went back to the entry screen. Then on the last try it looked like it worked. I was afraid that it had processed multiple times.

Thanks again!

I have a question regarding my shotcrete.
I guess when they were done & were watering the pool down, they discovered an air pocket at the main drain. The guys stomped/packed the concrete down around the main drain to get rid of the air pocket. When they were done, the area around the drain looked low/concaved & there were a lot of footprints on the bottom, especially near the drain area.

I'm wondering if any of this is a problem???

Thank you for any input.

They can do one of two things:

-add a little gunite to fill it up to level with the surrounding area and fill in the foot prints

-use some extra plaster to fill in that area using extra care to make sure it is all even and smooth

Which one better long run? I am not sure but both can/will work! At least they found the air pocket! Good job on their part!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay! That makes me feel better. Thank you!

I'm not sure which option would be the most sound. If anyone else knows, maybe they can give their input too.
Nothing to worry about, the plaster crew will handle it. In Austin they leave a large weep hole...I could fit 2 fists in it. The plaster company fills this in. Foot prints and rough spots just help the plaster adhere.

That is looking great! I'm doing an owner builder in Cave Creek with a very similar design - I'm ready for tile then plaster but am having a hard time finding these subs. If you like our tile and plaster subs can you send me their contact info pls?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.