New owner builder in Sacramento Ca

I’’’m with ya on that one! Forum is removing my apostrophe’s.

Imhave not posted in a while but am progressing. I did the coping myself and feel it turned out good for having never done it. I am working on finishing the paver deck and deck steps. I poured equipment pad with wheelbarrow and am waiting on equipment, should be here in a week. Tile is done so finish deck, install equipment, inspection then pebble,tec and add water.

0569CEDF-0D17-4BDF-82AC-0B5D4D6BEAB9.jpg

91CD877D-DD9C-46AA-8BE0-E106E6314F37.jpg

CEDF923D-B64F-436F-87DB-F154487796C7.jpg

18A0E08B-F9AB-47CA-B13C-A5B3723F47BC.jpg

Attachments

• 4EA537EB-1267-40C3-ACD4-49B0D2D23A7F.jpg
    4EA537EB-1267-40C3-ACD4-49B0D2D23A7F.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 121
  • CEFBB5B8-0F12-424B-874C-58ACB424CB09.jpg
    CEFBB5B8-0F12-424B-874C-58ACB424CB09.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 118
You have done an amazing job with the coping and paving. I think you can get a better job doing it yourself if you have an eye for detail, the time and the patience. I saw your dig when it happened but don’t think I commented. We dug early Feb and also had the hammer attachment for the whole 5 days it took to dig our teeny tiny hole (we have very limited access). Do you have a date in mind for plaster?

Well, in a perfect world and a lot of luck I will have the plaster done The end of May or first couple days of June. If I can’t finish my part in time to get it done then it will have to wait a month due to family vacation. We will see. If my pool took 5 days to dig I don’t think I would have one due to costs here in Northern California so I am glad they were able to get it done in 2.

You have done an amazing job with the coping and paving. I think you can get a better job doing it yourself if you have an eye for detail, the time and the patience. I saw your dig when it happened but don’t think I commented. We dug early Feb and also had the hammer attachment for the whole 5 days it took to dig our teeny tiny hole (we have very limited access). Do you have a date in mind for plaster?

Nice job with the pavers. I was going to do mine myself until the retaining wall I built in the below pics herniated a disc in my back and I had to sub it out. In hindsight I had bit off way more than I could chew with the pavers. The big one you see scattered in there is 80 lbs and was very hard to move around. My only regret is they didn't slope it the way I would have to get the water off and avoid puddles.

An FYI, we are looking at J&F and as of this morning I think they are around 2nd week of June? The others we are looking at are 2 months out.... you might want to call and get them scheduled since it looks like you are past pre-deck inspection? Pre-gunite inspection is next and that's mostly equipment installed, setup, and ready to go, door alarms, gate signage / locking/closing, lights installed, cant remember right now what else, I have to look at my list at home\, sorry.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.