New owner/builder build in Miami, Florida

:(

Woke up this morning to the news that Miami Dade County had canceled my inspection and will be closed for the next 14 days. Nooooo! I missed it by ONE DAY! So it looks like my construction will be delayed by at least 14 days.

I was hoping to have this done today so I can shotcrete and then have time to water it and do all the plumbing and electrical, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

My only concern is rain. Luckily, we're not in rain season but you never know in Miami. What would happen if it starts to rain?

Man that IS some AWFUL time!! Gurrrrrrrr on well lets get that pool safe!

Tarps!! Get lots of big tarps!! IF it rains it could cause a cave in. Now that can be overcome with a lot of work and shovesl but why take the chance. Find a way to drape and secure the tarps so if it does rain the water cannot run down the dirt and cause a cave in. Also have a pump to get the water out if it does rain.

Got an update today that Miami Dade will do modified inspections for the time that they're closed. They're allowing licensed plumbers/electricians to do inspections during this time. Great news for me!

Now off to find another licensed plumber that's willing to do the inspection for me.

Inspection passed!

Also...they have arrived!!

02-A72-B70-764-A-403-D-A3-AD-FEF4-BAB47521.jpg

EEAB7418-5-FB9-4052-9727-E7-F520-AEFA9-D.jpg

YES it does!!! Did they have any questions or suggestions?

Have you started bonding with it yet? aka watering it to help slow down the curing.

It is time for your set of links! The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to look into getting your test kit. Look down at my siggy for the one I think is the best bang for the buck!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, I started yesterday with the bonding and went out and watered again this morning. The guys who did the shotcrete and the owner of the company didn't make it sound like it was a huge priority since we live in Miami and we have a ton of humidity. I'll continue to do it anyway for at least a week.

Thanks the for the links!

Reactions: kimkats
Yesterday I had the backfill done, frame removed and had the plumbing sand delivered. I placed the order for 760 feet of PVC pipes :oops: and they'll be delivered today. If they get delivered early enough, plumber will be by to start today. If not tomorrow we begin rough plumbing.

AD10-FCE0-E674-400-B-AB7-C-958791-EF2-E1-A.jpg

FDAFE24-A-0-FD5-468-A-BD61-04-A95998036-D.jpg

FC6-BB24-F-72-C9-44-BD-A7-B7-DB459-B613-B88.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.