New "onground/inground" pool question

brogich

May 6, 2020
Grafton, WI
Thank you in advance for all the wonderful tips and suggestions on this site. We are burying a Round Radiant 33ft metric pool 100% starting next week. Can anyone tell me if a pool floor pad over the sand bottom will deteriorate over time causing problems with the pool floor?

I have never installed a pool before and am trying to get it right the first time.
1590765828975.png

If you're speaking of a product like a Gorilla Pool Pad, they will not challenge the integrity of the pool's liner. I would not recommend using such a pad in lieu of ensuring that a filtered sand base is first applied to the footprint of the pool at least 6" in depth. The most potential problem that most owners of vinyl-lined pools face is ants making their way to the underside of the liner and actually chewing their way through it until reaching the pool water. This is an extensive issue with these liners and if the Radiant manufacturer or pool pad company doesn't provide recommendations, seek out a pest control company to first heavily treat the foundation beneath and to a radius outside the pool area after substrate installation but prior to installation of the pool itself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.