New Oasis on Long Island

I have some questions for the plumbing experts. I made sure when I was PB shopping that it would get 2 skimmers and 4 returns. So now the plumbing is 99% done and I only see 3 returns and the stair jets.

1. Do the 2 stair jets count as a return?

2. the stair jets are plumbed seperately. The 3 returns are all plumbed with 1 2" line. Is that ok?

3. There is a conduit that goes into the dirt and goes 90° towards the pool. But does not go in. The other end is labeled MD. I'm assuming main drain? Is that correct?
42ea341502bfd3f6947242e4a71f66f7.jpg
c5e285823500ca82a18136768717c04b.jpg
b6bfd17e7c57aae3a6ed1267f0322b9c.jpg
ebe3237801ac25197000174903f4dd4a.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Making great progress, hopefully the weather cooperates and you'll get a little swim time before the weather turns.

Salty
Maybe. Once they are finished I have to get the electric done. I need to bring the power from the other side of the house. I've been doing it a couple hours after work every day. I can't wait to be able to come home and enjoy it[emoji3]

You go it!

I am going to share a link with you:

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Looking at this chart what do you see needs work? pssssssssst one starts with T and the other starts with P

With you having a vinyl pool you will not need to worry about CH unless you have a heater and it says it needs a certain CH. Look in the owners manual for your heater.

Here is another link that will tell what to use to adjust everything:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

I would adjust your TA first as that is quite low AND when you go to lower the PH it will also lower the TA. I would shoot for 80 for your TA while you work on your PH.

Add enough CYA to get it to 30 for a start. We can adjust as needed once everything gets balanced.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.