New member with rookie questions!

Aug 10, 2018
Virginia Beach
Hello everyone my name is Jason, wanted to introduce myself and thank you all for allowing me to join the forum! I recently had a fiberglass pool installed. It is a Tallman brand 14x34 fiberglass pool. Its still very new, concrete has not yet been installed.

I had a question about the water level dropping that I have been noticing from day to day. I tapped a marker line, and in 60 hours (2 days, 12 hours) I lost half an inch of water. The pool was not used, no rain, running from 8AM-7PM. Humidity has been 60-75%. I did the bucket test last night but it started raining earlier so was only able to gauge it for about 12 hours. The water levels between the bucket and pool seemed to stay the same. Just wanted to get some expert opinions here, is that amount of water loss normal for the high humidity? Thanks!

Thank you for the responses. I will have to try the bucket test again if we can ever get a day without rain. All its been doing over here on the east coast lately. I see a lot of people around the neighborhood having to drain their pools and my pool hasn't even been close to having to be drained so the concern is still there.