New Member to this Site: Couple Questions I'm Dealing with Right Now

JackRipRap

Nov 1, 2020
Lousiana
It sounds like I have rocks in my pipes at the Stay-Rite heater. Also my new Polaris is doing awesome in the pool. How do I get the leaves off the bottom of the hot tub? When I turn on the water feature I'm hearing a loud whining at the pump.

Thanks for the help in advance. Glad I have somewhere to turn besides the people trying to sell me stuff.

Hello Jack and welcome to TFP! :wave: Yep, no salesman here. :) The loud whining noise at your pump may be a sign of the bearings going bad. My pump starts to sequel in the winter when it gets really cold. The rock-like sound may be some sort of cavitation issue where air and water are churning in that area. Do you have a problem with air getting into the lines or system? Air bubbles under the pump lid, in the filter, or at the return jets perhaps? As for the leaves, I'm just thinking you may have to scoop those stubborn ones out. But for more assistance, make sure to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. You can also post a pic of your pool and equipment pad so we can see everything. It may help with more ideas.

Thanks for the reply. I'll add my equipment to my signature tonight. I plan to ask the company that's been "taking care" of my pool how many gallons it holds before I fire them. The place I'm taking my water thinks it's 16,000 but I'm not sure how accurate that is. I went up there earlier and they think the rocks sound is a broken valve in my heater. Leaving town for a couple weeks tomorrow but will open it up when I get back. Not currently using the heater anyway. Also, if I buy a test kit where's the best place to plug in the results to see what chemicals I need to add?

Down load the app PoolMath
Set up your pool profile.
Take some basic measurements of your pool And use average depth to get a volume. Your chemical additions uses your pool volume so try to be close if possible.
Create Your Signature to help us understand what your current setup is

Edit - this will help you determine capacity of pool
Determining Pool Size (Gallons of Water in Your Pool)

• Rectangular Pools: Length x width x average depth x 7.5

• Circular Pools: Diameter x diameter x average depth x 5.9

• Oval Pools: Length x width x average depth x 6.7

• Sloping Sides: Multiply total gallons by 0.85 = gallon capacity

Last edited:
Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.