New member, New liner and New water

Jun 9, 2008
Memphis TN
Hi guys,

Thanks for the great site and help. I think I understand everything but wanted a sanity check.

Replaced liner and filled the pool 10 days ago. My pool levels as of last night. Using the TF100 kit.

FC 6.5
CC 0
pH 7.0
TA 50
CH 0
CYA 50
salt 3200

My PH was 7.6 after the clean fill. Memphis water so its pretty balanced out of the tap.

PH seems to have dropped to 6.8 when I added 10 pounds of CYA (is that a thing?). I used a sock over the return and it took a little over 2 days to disolve it all with squeezes and multiple rounds of sock fills. Is 50 enough or do I need to shoot all the way to 70 right out of the gate? I have a new IC40 SWG.

Do I do anything about PH? Or leave it? I have pointed my returns up to make aeration but it has only moved the needle .2 from 6.8 to 7.0.

My TA could be considered on the low side as well.

My FC was 10 when it was all given over to me 5 days ago. So I turned off my SWG and it has not been losing a ton of chlorine every day.

When I aerate, i get some floating bubbles. Not crazy but they float for about half of the length of the pool before they pop/disappear. Is this due to no CH possibly? Salt? CYA granules?

Pool looks amazing even though the trees are all pooping seeds and stuff right now. My robot (M400) is working like a champ. He is fun to watch and I am a little obsessed with all of this really. First pool! My wife thinks im being neurotic but Im just having fun trying to dial it in.

I am not sure if my signature is working (doesnt show up in preview), so I am pasting it below manually.

Memphis Tennessee Pool, 1998, 36x18 28k gal vinyl liner installed march 2019, superfloVS, 60 GPM sand filter, IC-40SWG, TF-100 test kit, Jandy 25 watt water colors RGB nicheless light, Maytronics M400 robot

Welcome to posting on the forum! A member for 11 years!

The bubbles are most likely due to 0 CH. I would suggest getting 50 ppm or so in the pool water.

Monitor your pH and TA. The pH should rise very slowly. All is good right now.

Your signature is showing and is great. If you are using a mobile device, you must turn the device to landscape for the signature to show up.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

My numbers from tonight. PH seems to be going the other way. Raise TA? Keep holding and hoping for a rise?

CYA was closer to 60 today. Keep pushing to get to 70?

FC not much lower than yesterday. Maybe .5 lower. I guess that’s good?

I’ll bring CH up to 50.

Anyone want to discuss VS pump schedules? I’m not totally sure how long and what rpm it should be running for. SWG will complain about flow under 1450.

It’s time to backwash per the app. Am I safe to do so as far as CYA being totally dissolved/absorbed?

Just my thoughts of the day. I’m new to this so its a lot to wonder. Any opinions welcome.

Attachments

• 419B8EBB-2D59-4EB7-8883-9056FF8A25F7.png
    419B8EBB-2D59-4EB7-8883-9056FF8A25F7.png
    387.8 KB · Views: 3
Backwash when your filter pressure rises by 20% over clean pressure. The app is using time to remind you. Only actually backwash when you meet the pressure rise.

VS pump schedules depend on what you need the pump to run for. First is to generate your chlorine. Second is to skim the surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.