DUCK01

May 4, 2020
Anderson, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm in the beginning stages of my first pool build (soliciting designs/quotes) and came here to start researching. I've heard about TPF for years from other message boards and wanted to check it out.

What I'm thinking:
80-90 linear foot free form pool design
3.5' down to 5' deep
Plaster finish
Sun deck, beach entrance, a small wall with falling water, and a couple of bubblers

I have a family of four and we're just looking for a place to float around cool off during the hot and humid SE Texas Summers.

One concern I have is that we're in an odd area in terms of soil type. Anderson sits on a small finger of expansive clay soil in SE Texas that doesn't extend into the two major areas of pool builders that would service us. College Station is the closest and Houston is the largest, but our soil type is more like the Dallas / Fort Worth market than anywhere around here. I'm wondering if there are any members from the D/FW area that could comment on strategies to combat soil expansion. I've searched this site and have seen a few threads discussing chemically injecting the soil to inhibit water absorption - I need to do more research on that process, myself, so I know what questions to ask builders and if their answers hold up.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to being an active member of this community!

Welcome to TFP.

There are lot's of build threads in Under Construction for Texas pools. Start your thread there about your quote process and Texas folks will likely see it.

Construction Best Practices - Further Reading may help you as you talk with builders.