New Member Build in Tennessee

No updates for a while because not much happened for a while. Pool builder problems. No-shows, bad weather, no money, etc.was beginning to think I was screwed. But a recent flurry of activity and progress has given me hope again. He promises he's going to get it done before spring. I thought I was the only one,but the more I read on here, it seems problems are the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

You have the money so you have the power. PLEASE do NOT pay him until the work is DONE!

I am glad to see that there has been some work done.

If HE is having money problems you might want to pay the subs on your own or at least making sure to see the paperwork where HE paid them.

Kim

Well after a few well thought out words with the PB, and letting him know there would be no more money until work got caught up... they decided they could work under the lights during a recent nice weather weekend. Got a lot done and I'm beginning to think they may get it done after all. Getting pavers down. Supposed to do bottom prep next week then liner soonafter. We shall see!

Well the money had already stopped. I think it might have been a little more the "well thought out words", you know the ones like " I'm about ready to turn this over to my attorney if you don't get back to work on my freakin pool!" Or maybe it was just my turn. Who knows.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Well its been a year I guess since I posted. It took until June or so to get finished up. 8 months and 3 pool builder/contractors later it actually turned out pretty good. Took the rest of my hair and 10 years off my patience but its done. Here are some pics thru the summer.

Wonderful, thanks for sharing a beautiful set of pics!

I like that you put the stairs off to the side. It helps to define the space plus you don't have to worry about people visiting who have kids wandering out the door to the pool. I have an alarm on my back door but I'm still on high alert when little visitors are over in the winter and no one is outside. It looks beautiful! Forget the headaches and just enjoy it :) The fence is absolutely great looking with the stone/paver columns. The paver work looks great too. Too bad for that company, they stink. It would have been a nice showcase pool for them.

I like that you put the stairs off to the side. It helps to define the space plus you don't have to worry about people visiting who have kids wandering out the door to the pool. I have an alarm on my back door but I'm still on high alert when little visitors are over in the winter and no one is outside. It looks beautiful! Forget the headaches and just enjoy it :) The fence is absolutely great looking with the stone/paver columns. The paver work looks great too. Too bad for that company, they stink. It would have been a nice showcase pool for them.
Thank you. Yes keeping it all fenced in turned out to be great for us. We have 6 Grandchildren and more to come. we just leave the gate propped open when we're out enjoying it.
Sadly this pic was this past weekend. :( Come on spring!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.