New Member and Pool Owner in Dallas, TX

Good Afternoon. We are new home/pool owners after making the move from FL to Flower Mound, TX. I am a military pilot, and my wife is a stay at home Mom to our two little girls. Last weekend i made the mistake of letting Leslie's test my water and sell me a $70 gallon of hocus locus. It didn't feel right, so I began googling and found you guys, leading me to immediately return the stuff they sold me. I just ordered a TF-100 with Speed Stir, and look forward to learning the ins and outs of pool chemistry.

IMG_0706.jpg

you are on the right path

Beautiful pool
Post your numbers when you get the kit

Ill save you a little time reading so you can get started quick :

Dont trust the pool store or test strips - but you already know that

and keeping a steady amount of chlorine from the purest source possible is the best way to keep the water clean.

Salt water generators are good at keeping water clear because they make chlorine all the time and the levels are typically more stable

Last weekend i made the mistake of letting Leslie's test my water and sell me a $70 gallon of hocus locus.
dbtgallery.php

Ha. Welcome to TFP! :wave: A military pilot huh? :salut: I'm an AMMO troop down here at Randolph. :) Small world. Ordering the TF-100 was a fantastic move. You won't regret it. Once received, post a full set of numbers and we'll help you out. Great looking set-up you have there. Enjoy! :swim:

Welcome to TFPC...Congrats on the move to the awesome but hot state of Texas. Im just around the corner from you in Northlake. Whatever you bought I suggest taking it back. If you want good help from this site you have to help these folks help you by:

Read This BEFORE You Post a signature with details is essential!

Recommended Pool Chemicals
Chlorine / CYA Chart
Recommended Levels
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Read as much as possible and ask questions/post in the threads. These folks are super helpful and smart about pool care. You have to be committed to this method to be successful! GREAT you ordered a proper test kit!

Welcome and congrats again...reach out anytime!!