New member and I let my pool get away from me....

If you can see all the way to the deep end, I'd turn up the heat and let her swim. But only if you can see the bottom of the whole pool. If you can't, then it's a no.

If you can see all the way to the deep end, I'd turn up the heat and let her swim. But only if you can see the bottom of the whole pool. If you can't, then it's a no.

I think Casey is pointing to the ability to supervise & EASILY see absolutely everything in the pool.

Btw I just ordered neon swimsuits for my kids.
& we have no blue, white or green pool toys- everything a is brilliant neon color.. if it’s not, it’s camouflaging swimmers & dangerous.

The water is very clear and my FC isn’t doing too bad. Shock level is 16, and it was only down to 14.8 this morning and it rained all day yesterday. Now my problem is getting the algae off the floor. I have been brushing a couple of times per day, walls look good but floor has the white ash looking stuff which I assume is dead algae. Problem is when I brush even with my wire brush, I don’t notice any change. And my tanning ledge has what looks like dirt but also does not budge with wire brushing. Here are a couple of pics. It’s super windy so there are tons of ripples messing with the view but you can see the difference between the wall and floor.

- - - Updated - - -

164E2230-33DA-40FC-AEB6-47F2714EFDCA.jpg

Attachments

• 49CC2289-65E4-4162-8FA7-88576C71B2A2.jpg
    49CC2289-65E4-4162-8FA7-88576C71B2A2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 67
It's possible the whiteness you see on the floor and ledges is not dead algae but actually calcium scale. I went back to your early April posts and your CH was 400 back then. Not the worse at all, but when you combine that with a high pH (which your was for a while) the result can be scale. For now, I'd continue on the SLAM and passing your OCLT. Once that's done, you might do some checking to see if that is indeed scale, and we can give you a couple ideas of how to manage it this season and perhaps get it to thin out a bit.

Operation SLAM is complete! Was able to pass OCLT, get water cleared up, get FC back down to normal and kick on the SWG. pH has been rising which i am sure is due to the high TA, so have been aerating and lowering pH with muriatic acid on and off and it is on its way back down. All was good this weekend for my daughters party but she did mention the bottom was “scratchy” so I am sure now it’s time to see what I can do to deal with the calcium. I have purchased some pool rocks scrubbing bricks that I assume are pumice stone, but haven’t yet tried them. Any other ideas I can try to get rid of the calcium? It isn’t bad at all on the walls, mostly the bottom

There is a scale-reducing trick I'll leave to a TPF expert to introduce. I'm just posting to warn: whenever possible, test any solution to a problem on your pool's surface(s) in as small and out of the way spot as possible, to be sure the remedy is going to produce the results you're after without damaging the finish. I have a brand new, $9K pebble surface to corroborate that warning, necessitated by "pool professionals" that didn't have the sense to do that.

Should I start a new thread to get help with the calcium?

If you're not getting any attention in this thread, then yes. Otherwise, no, as the Experts here tend to like to understand the context of a given question, and saves you from having to repeat a bunch of info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.