New Member after reading the threads for a year

Molly1224

Mar 22, 2020
Edmonds, WA
Hi Everyone- first off thanks to this forum last summer I was able to turn my green pool blue and even downloaded the pool calculator and bought the Taylor chemical kit. I cleaned and maintained the pool myself using info from this forum. I am a first time pool owner on a 50 year old pool on a home I recently purchased. Of course with an old pool we found leaks and will be remodeling so more questions to come! Thanks in advance! - Molly

Way cool to hear you're giving TLC to a 50 year old pool. Those were some BIG pools, weren't they!? Can we see a picture?

Welcome to TFP :)

Maddie :flower:

Thanks, Maddie! The pool is a great size for laps! Attached are a few pictures I took last summer. I have a winter cover on now as well as a huge hole on the deck to get to the leaking pipes so these are probably the best pictures for a while!

Attachments

• F729846D-CA47-42F6-B9A1-2FE426A3E187.jpeg
    F729846D-CA47-42F6-B9A1-2FE426A3E187.jpeg
    444.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 2C30AEB0-ED82-4216-ADBE-DF87676FEAEF.jpeg
    2C30AEB0-ED82-4216-ADBE-DF87676FEAEF.jpeg
    469.4 KB · Views: 41
  • B46A8AD5-D19F-4D7B-810A-16F7D3E67FA1.jpeg
    B46A8AD5-D19F-4D7B-810A-16F7D3E67FA1.jpeg
    697.3 KB · Views: 40

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, I think I have the same pool. I am also trying to decide how to renovate mine, would be interested in hearing what you come up with. I am down in the Vancouver, WA area.
It probably is the same from San Juan Pools! Ok so far we replaced the old piping and now in the process of redoing the deck. After much research and comments on some of negative experiences with pool paint and EcoFinish, I’ve decided to actually re-fiberglass the pool (eventually). We decided to wait until August on the pool itself when it’s warmer. Found this great video of how to do It:

It probably is the same from San Juan Pools! Ok so far we replaced the old piping and now in the process of redoing the deck. After much research and comments on some of negative experiences with pool paint and EcoFinish, I’ve decided to actually re-fiberglass the pool (eventually). We decided to wait until August on the pool itself when it’s warmer. Found this great video of how to do It:
I’ll post a blog when we are all done with everything!

Reactions: YippeeSkippy