New member about to open 20k gal of brand new water

Yes Im in Dallas and it's hot and sunny pretty much all the time thru July, August & Sept. But, the pool has lots of shade from tree's. There is no time during the day that the whole pool is in full sun. About 1/2 of the pool gets full sun for approx 6 hours. Otherwise morning & late afternoon it's shaded almost completely.

I would keep it at SLAM level but I CANNOT be here to check it at sunset & sunrise. So what do I do?

Take the last test right before your away and adjust FC levels to slam levels and test again as soon as you can. Sound ok ?

Unless somebody else has some ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Can you get there in the morning? If it were me, I'd be tempted to take a morning reading of the CC and see if it's less than 0.5 ppm. It would have to be before or right around sunrise, though--before the sun has a chance to burn off any CC. Note that this is not the recommended way to decide to stop SLAMming. But if the water is clear for a couple of days, and you can't do the overnight test, it'll give you a good bit of the indication you need. If you do it this way, there's a risk that you stop too soon and get an algae bloom which means you'll need to start the SLAM all over again.

Thanks for them help.

My wife and I figured out that we can stay the night next Friday so that we can check the FC & CC levels after sunset & again in the morning before sunrise. Problem is we can't maintain the SLAM level of 12 over the course of this week. Its just not possible for one of us to get there every day this week. We just did that this week and it was tough. She can be there Mon & Wed this week so we should be able to maintain at least a normal level of FC. So Friday evening we can raise FC to 12, test for levels, then re-test Sat morning to check for the 1.0 or less FC drop & CC less than .5.

I'm feeling that the pool is fine. The water is crystal clear and all the stains on the plaster have even gone away. The pool looks better now than it has in several years.

Does this sound like a plan that could work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.