New member, 2nd season agp owner, stop with the wind Florida!

Geminisq

May 23, 2021
LargoFL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all! Thanks TFP for the welcome! It has been so windy here, the neighbors had 2 large trees cut down last week and my pool turned cloudy yesterday, ugh. pH & Alk were low-added 4lbs of baking soda, then pH & Alk went too high-shocked it last night w/1lb shock & swim, cleaned the brand new filter that had only been in 1 week. Pool store double checked my testing, said wait another 24 hours before using Alk up & pH up. I hope I'm on the right track. Thanks to all & happy swimming!

Geminisq, welcome to TFP :). If you'll take a look at our PoolSchool and forums you'll see that we do things a little *different* here.

(by the way- "Alkalinity Up" is nothing more than expensive Baking Soda. Go get a big bag at Costco or Walmart if you ever need it)

Maddie :flower:

Geminisq, welcome to TFP :). If you'll take a look at our PoolSchool and forums you'll see that we do things a little *different* here.

(by the way- "Alkalinity Up" is nothing more than expensive Baking Soda. Go get a big bag at Costco or Walmart if you ever need it)

Maddie :flower:
Thanks Maddie! Was just using generic terms, but I do use baking soda to increase my pH & Alk. I used 4lbs last week to increase both. I bought mine at Home Depot, seems to be one of the few local places that sells it in 12lb bags.

I did not know that! I was curious about conversations regarding borax,etc. Can you give me an example of the washing soda/who makes it? This is very helpful, thanks so much!