New Maytronics Dolphin M600

Good luck if anything major breaks or wears badly, they will say it is normal wear and tear and charge you $400 to fix tracks, paddles and climbing rings plus return shipping. My unit is 4 months old and this is what they charged me!

I’ve had m600 for about 4 months now and love it. We named her Hazel and I swear she’s learning. One day we went out and found her on the Baja shelf and it has become a more regular occurrence. Our shelf is deep, 16 inches, and we’ve even seen her try to do the waterline tile on the shelf. ?

DId you actually read what is covered in their 3 year warranty?
I did. The issue is that tracks split in half and rear cleaning paddles (hard and crack off) & climbing ring deteriorate in less than 4 months, while the front paddles are soft and pliable this would fall under a defect in workmanship not normal wear and tear. The unit is used 3-4 times per week and is rinsed with fresh water and covered, stored on the caddy when not in use.

I just picked up the Dolphin 30i and it's awesome except for the app which has a 3-foot range from the power supply.
Hi,
I also just purchased the 30i and learning the controls.
It can be connected by WiFi or Bluetooth.
If you have WiFi in the backyard, then you may be able to communicate from more than 3 feet away as long as the phone and the power supply have a solid WiFi connection.
I don't have solid WiFi so I connected using Bluetooth but I have to stay close to the power supply.
I am going to try next a WiFi extender to experiment with the WiFi connection.
I ended up emailing Maytronics to supply an explanation of how to switch between WiFi and Bluetooth. Their manual lacks this information.

Puertex

where do you get the M600. I can't find anyone who has it.

I looked at all the Dolphin models, including the m600 (which I really liked), but settled on the S300i. I really liked the specs of the M600 but I was pretty sure being wifi only there would be problems getting a decent enough signal out at the pool, even with a powerful router. We've had some issues with the power supply and I have to say Maytronics has been great to deal with. The app and the bluetooth is pretty much a joke (within 3' if you are lucky), although when it does work, the extra cleaning cycles using bluetooth are nice. The 300i (same as active 30i) does a great job in our pool. No problems with numerous submerged pine needles, fine dirt/dust and other things falling off the budding trees. Normally just need the quick 1 hour cycle and every couple days put it on the 2.5 hour cycle for a deeper cleaning.

I looked at all the Dolphin models, including the m600 (which I really liked), but settled on the S300i. I really liked the specs of the M600 but I was pretty sure being wifi only there would be problems getting a decent enough signal out at the pool, even with a powerful router. We've had some issues with the power supply and I have to say Maytronics has been great to deal with. The app and the bluetooth is pretty much a joke (within 3' if you are lucky), although when it does work, the extra cleaning cycles using bluetooth are nice. The 300i (same as active 30i) does a great job in our pool. No problems with numerous submerged pine needles, fine dirt/dust and other things falling off the budding trees. Normally just need the quick 1 hour cycle and every couple days put it on the 2.5 hour cycle for a deeper cleaning.
I also recently purchased the Active 30i.
So far I like it. It picks up stuff that I cant't even see. Better than my previous device.
For me the big issue will be the reliability...
How do you like it so far?

Puertex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I picked up my M600 yesterday and after the usual cursing and stomping around got it all to hook into my home WiFi system. They could make things a LOT easier if you could share WiFi codes like many sophisticated apps (Maytronics, you listening?). Ideally this should work seamlessly with Apple Home apps so all you do is "add" it to your network and phone. I'm thrilled to not hear the Polaris motor although to be honest its not like an episode of Bewitched and I wiggled my nose and the pool is crystal clear. I think the lesson for Maytronics is spend a little more on developers and also waterproofing the power unit to IP67 its not like sending Curiosity Rover to Mars, so come on guys...

My only last remark is that dealers make a nice margin on these top of the line robots, most don't stock but only special order. What it means is they have no inventory costs and they charge you upfront.

I just picked up the Dolphin 30i and it's awesome except for the app which has a 3-foot range from the power supply.
The wifi connection to the M600 has good range in terms of my phone to the m600 base, but it's still a bit spotty. I like that there 's a blue tooth connection as well. Sometimes a just use that to pick up the robot when it's finished. The filtration capabilities to me is it's strong point and the energy savings of not running the booster pump.

I picked up my M600 yesterday and after the usual cursing and stomping around got it all to hook into my home WiFi system. They could make things a LOT easier if you could share WiFi codes like many sophisticated apps (Maytronics, you listening?). Ideally this should work seamlessly with Apple Home apps so all you do is "add" it to your network and phone.
I have a hidden SSID, and I was impressed that the app did grab my SSID and configuration from my iphone...not certain if I had to key in the PW or it grabbed that too. I did need to physically take the main controller within 3 feet of my router to ensure a stable connection and complete all of the FW upgrades. Since then it's worked well.

Reactions: Pirate Roberts
Thanks. It's still a bit spotty, reminds me of when I was a little kid and my Dad would ask me to move the antenna on the B & W TV for reception. I realize if finding a good spot to connect is a lot like dowsing for water, except I would have died of thirst.

• Haha
Reactions: Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.