New Louisiana Pool

Jan 20, 2022
Ponchatoula, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
They came and excavated our pool on Monday. Plumbed it Tuesday. Steel on Wednesday. Supposed to Gunite it today or Friday. I have a question though. I’m going to call my pool builder in a few, but should the steps going into the pool be formed up and steeled now or will they come and build the steps after the rest of the pool is gunited. Just worried they forgot them.

They came and excavated our pool on Monday. Plumbed it Tuesday. Steel on Wednesday. Supposed to Gunite it today or Friday. I have a question though. I’m going to call my pool builder in a few, but should the steps going into the pool be formed up and steeled now or will they come and build the steps after the rest of the pool is gunited. Just worried they forgot them.
I had the same thoughts as well...steps did not look like steps right before gunite. Attached you can see my rebar "shelf/stairs" and then finished stairs after gunite.

Attachments

• 20180329_074530.jpg
    20180329_074530.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180329_134144.jpg
    20180329_134144.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 24
I spoke with my PB. He said that the steps would be formed during the gunite phase. He said that the steps are the thing that changes the most when building a pool. Said that it’s easier to form them while they are shooting to keep from having to change the rebar as the steps change. That may not have been exactly the way he put it but it was a good enough answer for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.