New liner recommendations

Apr 12, 2015
Marietta GA
Well, I have been watching it slowly happen for the past 4 years. A rock has finally penetrated my liner. It has several other patched holes, and things that need to be repaired when the liner is replaced.

Will getting a darker color liner help the water warm up more/faster?
db73d719313434f626ae32c0abfa9359.heic
b1c08ee6d772c62cc6ef1d7fa9f050ac.heic
af66791ea906216e1c07446e8b8a7ca4.jpg

Can anyone here recommend a good company to replace my liner in the Atlanta area? Specifically, I am in West Cobb County.

My pool is 18x32, or close to that. Here are pictures of the rock and some things that need to be repaired/replaced.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Caleb:

Nice pictures! A few questions:

1) What did they say about the walls? Any coatings, etc? Also, did they add padding to the walls before the liner?

2) Was that a vermiculite base, and did they use the same material or use cement/sand mix, which is supposedly stronger?

I learned a lot of things when they removed the old liner...

1. Yes there is new padding between the concrete wall and liner. There was foam padding there previously but it was end of life.

2. The pool was originally a sand base, but they said this was vermiculite, or at least that’s what I remember from when we ordered the liner. They were mixing it with water in a tub from bags that looked similar to concrete bags, with about as much dust.

The good news is that you have a concrete wall (which I do not and would have done differently now) and padding was also used. In addition, it appears that they used a stronger base (concrete and sand). I have no idea if vermiculite is like concrete. IMO, one knows if concrete is used. When my friend had his liner replaced, there were a lot of inconsistencies in the base because vermiculite has a tendency to shift (from what I am told). If curious, you may want to call the PB and find out. In the end, if you are happy with everything, that is really all that matters.

In the end, the floor is smooth again, and the walls below the concrete no longer have sunken in spots. The builders jokingly called it a standing ledge that developed over time.

Quite honestly, builders should pour at least a 4" base and side with Portland concrete/Sand Mix (not that 2" junk they use), even with a liner. The stronger base would not develop the divots like normal pools. In addition, they should place crushed stone on the floor for even better support. Concrete pools (gunite pools) are built with 10" all the way around. Very expensive, but can not be matched. Good luck with everything.

The stairs are fiberglass. I will post pictures when it is full.

It *was* full, but this happened.
c41974a31599171a591dfd12d9f523b7.jpg

It dumped about 8,000 gallons into the equipment shed before I noticed. When I turned the pump on and primed it yesterday morning, all was well. I spent about an hour outside and all was normal. A few hours later I looked out the window to the pool half empty and blowing bubbles from the return jets.

It dumped about 8,000 gallons into the equipment shed before I noticed. When I turned the pump on and primed it yesterday morning, all was well. I spent about an hour outside and all was normal. A few hours later I looked out the window to the pool half empty and blowing bubbles from the return jets.

How come the piping is not glued? Or at least have unions?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.