Goldsboro, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Title says it all. The pool company came a little over 3 weeks ago and measured the pool for a new liner. The new liner came in this past Wednesday and they came on Saturday to install it. They got it hung with some liner lock in certain places, sand bags against the steps, and started filling it by mid-morning. Sunday morning the liner was pulling out of a couple of corners in the deep end so I sent them a picture just so they were aware. I was then asked to let the water get to the sand bags and then run it about an hour more. I ended up shutting the water off around 2pm on Sunday (it ran for 28 hours). There is currently 2 or 3 inches of water in the shallow end. They came out today at some point to cut in everything and resume filling. When I got home nothing was cut in, but the vacuum was off. I then got a call late this afternoon and they said the liner was not fitting properly and they were in contact with the manufacturer to identify the issue. They said the manufacturer did not make the liner properly. I don't have an ETA and am not sure what is not fitting properly. There are wrinkles in the floor, the liner is not against the wall in places, and it is coming out of a couple of corners in the deep end. I have a few questions.

1. I noticed today that there is a seam right over where the shallow end skimmer will be cut in. Is that kosher? Should I call that out before they order a new liner?
2. There has been a good amount of water put into the pool to get it to this point. I feel that is something the pool company or even the manufacturer should cover. Is that valid?
3. Anything else I should look for or bring up with them?

Thanks!

I don't know what the industry standard is but I wouldn't want a seam where you have a cut in for the skimmer. I had a similar sizing problem with a new liner. The installer replaced the liner and the water at no charge. I'm on a well so the water is trucked in. I'm on my third liner now. Both times the installer (two different ones) have set the new liner and added some water as part of the installation cost. Since the water is trucked in I used the same trucking company and had them keep filling the pool while the installer kept an eye on things. That way even though I provided the remaining water the installer was responsible for the install from start to finish.

I'm close enough to a municipal water source that 12,000 - 15, 000 gallons of water was about $250 - $300 or so. I don't remember the exact amount but you get the idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.