New led lighting

keoki1959

Apr 6, 2024
hawaii
Hi Newb here. Just replaced my old incandescent lights with hayward led lights. These lights light up like a stadium ! Drowns out all the landscape lighting and kills the mood.
Are there any snap in light diffusers that are out there that actually FIT ?

Thanks in advance šŸ™šŸ¾

Welcome to TFP.

I have not seen any light diffusers for LED pool lights.

However Hayward has a bunch of different model LED lights in different sizes. It would be helpful to know what specific model Hayward LED lights we are discussing as someone may have other ideas for you.

Do you have color changing lights or white lights?

Welcome to TFP.

I have not seen any light diffusers for LED pool lights.

However Hayward has a bunch of different model LED lights in different sizes. It would be helpful to know what specific model Hayward LED lights we are discussing as someone may have other ideas for you.

Do you have color changing lights or white lights?

Thanks for the reply ajw22.
Attached are the lights I just had installed.

Attachments

• IMG_2303.jpeg
    IMG_2303.jpeg
    460.9 KB · Views: 13
Hayward has that gives you brightness control. Do you have a Hayward Omni Controller?

It is as clear as mud to me if your LPW light has the brightness and dimming capabilities or if you bought the wrong light.

I suggest you call Hayward Support and discuss it with them.

Who recommended the LPW light model for you?

1712520838744.png

Omni Direct mode: Omni Direct mode offers unique colors as well as speed and brightness control.
It must be configured and controlled by a Hayward OmniLogic, OmniHub or other Omni type pool
controller. Refer to the controllerā€™s manual for more information.

1712520633130.png

Hi Newb here. Just replaced my old incandescent lights with hayward led lights. These lights light up like a stadium ! Drowns out all the landscape lighting and kills the mood.
Are there any snap in light diffusers that are out there that actually FIT ?

Thanks in advance šŸ™šŸ¾
What is the distance from the light to the pad? While they supplied the 100' lights which the manual says require a 14v min feed, is it possible that the run is shorter but they still used the 14v feed off of the transformer? It may be as simple as switching to the 12v feed from the transformer to dim them down a bit.