Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hello everyone, very glad I found this website and the calculator I immediately signed up to. New to pools since May last year when we bought the house. 13k free form pool built 12 years ago with numerous problems….pool gunnite surface showing stains. Some yellow I believe from a pine tree above the pool that drips sap and squirrel eatings pine cones season-long and dropping trash in pool. Also other yellow-ish color on bottom away from pine tree and finally I assume decay as there are some grey spots like the blue gunnite got thiner(??). Nice yard but at least 3 trees surrounding the pool with either pine needles or deciduous tree flowers (then leaves in winter) dropping in the pool filling 2 baskets every day….
Always high pH problem, insanely high phosphate (3000-4000) and low CYA. Now my SGW has communication errors so chlorine dropped to zero. Shocking every day until repair comes tomorrow. And trying to get pH back to normal at (almost same time). This website has already helped a lot but Learning every second.
Besides attending the pool every day, I normally enjoy my backyard, love travel and discover new eating places, just semi-retired from large corporation and tying to slow down (subject to my pool chemicals willing of course).
Grew up in Switzerland and in Houston for last 20 years.

Welcome to TFP. You will find many contributors from the Houston and surrounding areas as well as from all around Texas.
You are in good hands. Suggest you get familiar with the FC/CYA Levels and I see you have a great test kit.

Reactions: iahgva
Grew up in Switzerland and in Houston for last 20 years.
There's something you don't hear everyday. Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Reactions: iahgva