New Jersey geometric pool build

homesteadpool

Mar 19, 2019
new jersey
Hi all! You all have been so helpful in with everyone! I figured I'd start a new thread about the whole build!
Here's the exacts:
17 X 45 geometric pool
9ft of it is the tanning ledge (153 sq feet)
2 floor jets with booster pump (with LED lights in the jets)
Jandy DE 60 filtration system
VS pump (as suggested by you guys!)
40 PVC piping
2 built in surface skimmers
3 flow returns
400k heater
64 ft raised 18" spa with 8 jets, 2 led light, and 1.5 hp air blower
Jandy pure link salt
8' long 18" high left and right of spa raised beams and two 24" sheer descents and booster pump
Jandy pure link salt
1,000 sq foot of pavers
3 led lights
Jandy aqua link RS remote system
Pebble Sheen Ocean Blue
14 X 18 Outdoor Pavilion
Inside the pavilion will be a "U" shaped bar that is 10 X 8 X 8
Walnut Travertine Pool Decking
Walnut Travertine ledger stone for the raised wall and hot tub & the bar
Concrete skirt around the pool for the pool cover

So far, we've had the gunite sprayed, the plumping has all been trenched and filled, pool pad has been laid and footers poured for the pavilion.

So far, this pool build has been a lot like the building of my house- a lot of stop and go. Our completion date was 5/31- which clearly we're past and the pool is no where done. However, I keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end!!! Pictures to follow!

Here's the gunite before they started grading and after + the concrete skirt & footers behind the pool. Don't mind the fence, that will all be replaced. The pad for the equipment will be behind the pavilion that will have a solid wall along the back to hide all of it.

Attachments

• pregrading.jpg
    pregrading.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 145
  • pregrading2.jpg
    pregrading2.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 150
  • travertine.jpg
    travertine.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 139
  • gunitedoneandconcretepaddone.jpg
    gunitedoneandconcretepaddone.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 152
  • gunitedoneandconcretepaddone2.jpg
    gunitedoneandconcretepaddone2.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 143
That's going to be very nice. Lots of space with nothing but what appears to be woods behind you.
Yep! Just woods behind us! It was one of my husband's "musts" when we were trying to find a house. We ended up finding this piece of property which is about an acre with just woods behind us which was perfect.

I said once we were done building the house I'd never build anything again- and here we are, a year later, building a pool haha

Reactions: Texas Splash
Great pool design! I'd love a pool that size. Your property is a beautiful place for a pool. My sun shelf is one of my favorite parts of my pool, and you've got a terrific sized one.

It's good you're patient, because pool builds rarely progress as hoped. Yours will be worth it! :party:

Reactions: homesteadpool
Looks great so far. I wish you had more returns I'm way smaller with 4 and wish I had 2 more. Make sure your salt cell is sized right a 40k cell is gonna be tight on that size pool a 60k cell is what you want. Hope u make progress with this better weather

Great pool design! I'd love a pool that size. Your property is a beautiful place for a pool. My sun shelf is one of my favorite parts of my pool, and you've got a terrific sized one.

It's good you're patient, because pool builds rarely progress as hoped. Yours will be worth it! :party:

Thank you!! I am excited for the sun shelf! I plan to be parked there with a book! Plus we have two "senior" (the vets keep calling them this, I refuse to accept it!) dogs and I think it will also be their favorite spot to hang!

It for sure has been a lot of stop and go, but hoping all goes smooth from here on out!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great so far. I wish you had more returns I'm way smaller with 4 and wish I had 2 more. Make sure your salt cell is sized right a 40k cell is gonna be tight on that size pool a 60k cell is what you want. Hope u make progress with this better weather

I will check on the returns, that was the original quote so he may have added more- my pool builder seems to be pretty good when it comes to making sure everything is correct. If not, too late now haha.

I will be sure to check on the salt cell! Thanks for the advice!! And thank you, the constant rain has made it where everything takes days longer than it should!

Love your design! Some thing for everyone!! The kids are going to love it as will you love them sleeping so well after playing in it all day!!!

Kim:kim:

Exactly!!! Growing up with a pool, some of my best memories are all the pool parties we would have. My parents say it was also their best memories because when us kids and our friends would get tired we'd go inside and all watch a movie- that's when my parents and my friends parent's pool party would start haha. I can't wait to enjoy it!

After some issues with coping (my builder ripped it up and fixed it) were moving along again. Today we planned out the decking and I’m looking for any input/advice. Right now the plan is to do 3 feet along the left and front of the pool (see the concrete) and then along the right side do 10 feet that goes back into another large space. Behind the spa is a short walkway and then the pavilion. This is about 1,200 sq feet of decking (pavilion is about 325 of it). Here’s my terrible sketch of it and a picture to give an idea. They’re not done the grading but this gives a semi idea. Any input is welcome!!

Attachments

• 78B00F98-03D8-457D-AEBA-5885BEF18EA8.jpeg
    78B00F98-03D8-457D-AEBA-5885BEF18EA8.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 109
  • 82624CBE-6006-4EF4-9980-688719F11B98.jpeg
    82624CBE-6006-4EF4-9980-688719F11B98.jpeg
    618.2 KB · Views: 110
Looks ok to me but remember you need more than 10ft for a table and chairs if that's what your planning for that space. 12ft or more is ideal for that

The covered pavilion will have a table & chairs under that and a bar with barstools- the decking is going to be more for chairs. I have a day bed and like a "conversation" set that's on my deck right now that we don't use so I was thinking of putting that in the corner on the right side. It's so hard to picture using the space!!!

Here’s a bit of the mock drawing- I put 4 feet on the left hand - 4 on the front- then 10 along the right hand side which is behind the tanning ledge and is where there’s full sun 100% of the day. Behind the pool on the left hand side I put a small 3 foot walk way to the spa or pavilion. On the right side behind the pool I figured I would extend that a bit. It’s about 1,200 sq feet. Any changes I should do??

Attachments

• ECC67C7D-E312-450E-A0C2-148D7B973A16.jpeg
    ECC67C7D-E312-450E-A0C2-148D7B973A16.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 54
So close! The only thing I would add is-on the right side think about having the cement go from the corner of the pavilion to the the 10' area. This will allow people to pull up a chair by the hot tub and not block access to the pavilion. Can you see what I am saying?

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.