New Jandy valves shipped with some water already in to keep the seal wet?

ShinDiors

Jul 16, 2021
Northern VA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Bought a supposedly new Jandy 2-way neverlube valve off ebay, and it came in with small amount of water inside and some crack lookalike stuff on the body. The seller was claiming those were cast marks and showed me at least three more valves with similar marks, and said the Jandy valves sometimes shipped with some water to keep the seal wet. It sounds odd for the water theory. I bought same valve from other seller without these marks and dry.

Have you ever heard of this theory at all?

Bought a supposedly new Jandy 2-way neverlube valve off ebay, and it came in with small amount of water inside and some crack lookalike stuff on the body. The seller was claiming those were cast marks and showed me at least three more valves with similar marks, and said the Jandy valves sometimes shipped with some water to keep the seal wet. It sounds odd for the water theory. I bought same valve from other seller without these marks and dry.

Have you ever heard of this theory at all?
Nope. I've bought a few hundred over the years. Never a wet one. Never-Lube seal doesn't need water to keep it in good shape.

Do they look used?

If they were used, they would probably have glue on them.

It would be odd if they have water inside and not look used.

Maybe they were left outside in the rain?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.