New intex pool. Filling it up tomorrow for the first time and need some help with Chemicals

PaulieR

Apr 4, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Hi guys, i have an intex pool 12 ft round, i am filling it up for the first time, and while i have owned a hot tub in the past, i am unsure on the chemicals and levels i need for a pool.

I know there are some links, but they seem to be all for in ground pools.
also need to kinda figure out how much of what i need to add.

I have a taylor chem kit from my hot tub days to test the water.

thanks in advance,

Simple start process:
1- New water has no stabilizer (CYA) so add enough for a CYA of 30 ppm at first.
2 - Day 1 increase FC to about 3 ppm with chlorine or regular bleach; Day 2 and beyond balance according to the FC/CYA Levels.
3 - Adjust pH to anywhere in the 7.5-7.8 range

Those are the immediate concerns. If you have a salt pool, it will change the CYA, but we can help you further once you get that far. Just let us know.

Of course, that link may be perfect for you. :goodjob: I skipped right over the 12' round comment above. But still try to update your signature with all of your pool info as it will help later. If you have any questions about that guide, just let us know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.