NEW Intex 10 * 30 Metal Frame Pool Help Please

Apr 28, 2009
Just setup pool yesterday total noob here I setup right on my driveway is leveled
questions for yall

is there anything I can put underneath padding or something floor is very roof

what filter and pump should I get since I read that one that comes with it will not do a good job in review of pool

how long and when should I run my filter

what kit and chemicals should I get

is the saltwater intex cleaner worth buying for size of my pool

thx for your help in advance

BTW I am in North East

Welcome to the forum.

I'm confused is your pool round oval, or rectangle? Is there water in it yet?

Driveway huh? Yes, you should probably invest in some kind of floor padding, like this - note I'm not endorsing this online site, just giving you an idea of the product I'm talking about. I have no experience with it, just seen it mentioned on this site.

Yes, the Intex SWG gets decent reviews - if you can swing it for your pool I would.

The pump/filters get bad reviews because many times the pool owners get algae and the filters are not good for clearing them. If you prevent the algae from happening, you may do okay with it. If you do want to upgrade, there are a couple articles in Pool School to read that may help you make a choice, and others who have upgraded will probably chime in to give their reviews.

Do a google search (bottom Left corner) of Intex pools topics on this forum and there will be lots of good info contained there to help you.

Run time: With the intex filter/pumps, I would run them during the day, for at least 8 hours. You want to run the pump anytime you have swimmers, and also anytime you are adding chemicals and also for a couple hours after any chemical addition.

The best thing to do right now is order a TF100 test kit online, or a Taylor K-2006. This way with proper testing and chem additions, you can prevent problems from happening in the first place. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.