New install Jandy RS-4 Automation - SWG controls at the panel?

Apr 3, 2016
Orlando, FL
Hello, I have a question for Jandy automation owners with a SWG. My PB just finished installing all electronic components on my build and noticed I don't have a SWG user interface on the panel. I've seen a small LCD SWG user interface in the recessed box to the left of the RS-4 controls. Link to the SWG user interface: Jandy AquaPure Power Pack User Interface Board R0467400 | Jandy R0467400

My PB contract shows: Jandy RS-4 Automation, iAquaLink 2.0, AquaPure PLC1400 SWG, PureLink 6614AP Power center. I believe I can control the SWG on my phone with the iAquaLink (please correct me if I'm wrong), but want to make sure I'm not missing anything without a SWG controller at the panel. Thanks!

DSC_0194.jpg

When the first units that had the A/P 1400 integrated into them came out, there was no display on the front panel. You had to unscrew (only 2) screws on the top of the panel to expose the controller to make manual adjustments. However it looks like you have the new updated panel with the knock out for the A/P panel. That would make sense since this is a new unit! You could check by removing the screws, folding down the RS panel, and physically check for the A/P panel mounted on the back wall of the box. That, and the giant transformer that comes with the A/P unit (about the size of a softball), would be the dead giveaway if you have the SWCG unit, and of course the presence of the cell plumbed in.

I would bring this up with the PB. I don't know why he would sell you a new style box, and fill it with the old style components. Even if the idea was "you don't need an interface panel, just use the smartphone app, or your RS panel (in house) to control. You should have a physical, or rather manual control at the equipment in the event you lose the other two. It is not inconceivable that you could lose both the indoor control (rats chewed the wire) AND your internet connection at the same time.

Note: I don't mean that the components he sold you were necessarily old, as in used. Maybe better to say "a previous version".

Thank you Pool Clown! I removed the two screws on the top of the panel to see what's back there and lo and behold. . . I found the A/P controller hidden underneath! I wonder why the electrician didn't remove the knock out. I was very worried I was getting old stock and very relieved to find it back there.

I'll talk to the PB to see when he plans on removing the knock out. Anything else I should bring up to him on the panel/automation? Everything else look good? Thanks!

20161020_124005.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.