Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi guys!
we just wrote the first check to start our pool build. We are installing a 16x40 fiberglass pool with salt water chlorine, heat pump, auto cover, color changing lights, and some deck jets (possibly laminar).

the pool guys aren’t trying upsell us on anything. they just set all of the components at standard. We have asked to upgrade to a variable speed pump and they said it was a great idea. We talked with them a little about automation, and they mentioned a few options, but didn’t really try to sell us on anything in particular other then to say if we go that route they would change a few components around, i remember they mentioned lights and something about the salt water thingy specifically, to work better with that.

my husband is a tech guy and would love an app to work the pool stuff. I know there is also some sort of remote thing (aqua pod?) as an option. I’m not sure if you get both or if it’s an either or thing.

worth looking into? Or is it a buggy clunky mess. I would like to get all the components on lock so everything can get ordered. I’m having nightmares about having a pool in the ground but the pump being back ordered.

Talk to your Pool Builder about the Hayward AquaPlus bundle that comes with the salt cell...

or the newer Omni PL that is bundled with the salt cell and has smartphone control built in.

The AquaPlus will require the Aqua Connect if you want to control it from an App or PC.

The Omni PL has a much improved User Interface. May people found the Hayward UI confusing and it was redone with the new Omni PL. I would get that one if forced to buy Hayward.

Reactions: JenfromNC
The Omni PL has a much improved User Interface. May people found the Hayward UI confusing and it was redone with the new Omni PL. I would get that one if forced to buy Hayward.
Looking at the Hayward website, the Omni PL appears to have the same interface, app, etc as the OmniLogic. It is new, but mostly appears to be the same interface as their top of the line automation, but targeted to less complex installations. I do like the wired remote control panel. In my case it would allow me to get the panel out of direct sun. A lot of the usability of the Omni systems are dependent on how the installer sets it up. I mostly control mine through Alexa, and I curse the names chosen by my installer, which make it more challenging to get Alexa to interpret my request properly on the 1st try. I need to invest some time in renaming things to make it easier to control.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you ever figure that out? Looking on the internet prices seem to be all over the map for these units. I am looking for an apples-to-apples comparison like MSRP to MSRP.
Did you ever get any pricing?......Im looking to upgrade from AquaConnect Web and Prologic to the new OmniPL Upgrade Kit if Hayward ever releases the kits.......they keep delaying the release

Reactions: LMacias
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.