New inflatable... yellow water

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
So I have a coleman/ bestaway 2-4 person spa it's 200 gallon.

Fill from well 4 days ago

Running bromine and I've never done bromine before so that's probly on of my issues. I started out with a packet of leslies bromine cloride and put 4 pucks in jet despenser

I have read the pool school on bromine

K2006 results this morning on 102 degree tub

Fc 4
Cc 1.5
TA 130
Calcium 300
PH 8.0+

OK I'm not new to TFP... and last night i smelled like cc after getting out so i knew a shock was needed. Im slamming it now.

My question is why did tub turn pee yellow the second i shocked it with bleach? Is this a result of bromine and chlorine combining? Do I need to do anything else other than usual slam rules?

Also... My skin was a little dry after getting out after a 30 minute soak last night. With 8.0+ ph... is that the reason?

I would normally just drain and refill on something this small but with well water... I'm probly gonna face this problem on every fill so i best learn to deal with it.

I never had problems with my pools they were always crystal clear on TFP method.

Maybe would just be easier to ditch bromine, run this thing off of bleach?

Thoughts?

Thanks fellas...

Does it look like this

8748695428_012cd508fd.jpg

Do you have a picture?

Reactions: gtnos
Does it look like this

8748695428_012cd508fd.jpg

Do you have a picture?

Not quite that yellow but it's yellow.

High bromine huh?

I don't get that is I'm using tablets it's only been 4 days...

The heck with bromine.

I'm draining and going back to bleach

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.