New in-ground pool - Boston, MA. Lots of pics

It's so beautiful. Makes me wish I had just paid for the upgrade to prism matrix.
Shoulda woulda coulda

Remember, don't 'should' all over yourself! But I know what you mean, Amanda. I only allow myself to look at Spool's thread once a day or else I think about it too much. Yes, yes, yes..... I love my pool, but one can admire and dream. It's like the diamond engagement ring. You know yours is the best for you even if it's on the small side. But then, one of your good friends comes along with a 2 carat diamond engagement ring. Sighhhhhhhhhh. I wouldn't trade for anything in the world, but can I just wear it for a few days????? Too bad it's not that simple for a pool!!!!

Suz. (green again with....... I can't say it; I don't want my pool to hear me)

Well, it's Labor Day weekend! Guess what I'll be doing... Laboring!!!

Moving boulders around to build some retaining walls. Finish grading to lay the rest of the sod. Side the chicken coop.

Started early so it's swim break time! I have a video of water from this morning. Need to figure out how to embed it.

EB1AE499-1F1A-4EFB-A56E-8EA03321CBF5_zpsrjrptjwg.jpg

E2E4D899-67D4-41D9-A3BA-1534DB0E460D_zpsx3paik6v.jpg

6C88C510-641B-4FF1-BE0E-DB834BE428B8_zpshfkexvvz.jpg

94092577-12DF-4D23-8FBA-3878E664E70C_zpshoizz5i7.jpg

848CA41B-78F6-4848-8710-966B8D13F3E1_zpsyx45xcic.jpg

Hey Spool!!! You're much younger looking sittin' in that bobcat than I remembered!! :laughblue:

Seriously, though, you've got some great help there! And you guys really have a lot of hard work planned for the weekend. I'd feel bad for you except for that gorgeous pool ya'll have to play in and take breaks!!

I never get tired of looking at that gorgeous water! I mentioned to someone the other day that I wasn't sure your finish would really suit me, because it is too pretty and might take away from the rest of the pool. But I take it all back!!! I truly love it. (let me repeat so no one thinks I'm disappointed in my pool - I LOVE my pool. I can't believe I have one, and that it's all mine)

Don't work too hard, now!!!

Have a great Labor Day weekend!
Suz.

Our 11 year old has always had an obsession with heavy machinery. He's probably watched a million YouTube videos on driving various machines. He is amazing on it. In fact he was laughing after I drove over the firepit... Yes the fire was going... doh!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your pool is beautiful! What equipment is needed to keep the pool water out of the spa so that you can properly heat it? We have the same design but they didn't install any over flow mechanism and we only have 1 pump. The spa isn't getting hot because we can't isolate the water in the spa. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Water really looks awesome. And I love the frog chasing - my girls do the same thing. It's always huge excitement when we go out in the morning and there's a frog swimming around....

We ended up going with a different PB / plasterer who uses PebbleTec as opposed to WetEdge, so we're going with PebbleSheen, color probably a bit lighter than yours (Aqua Blue). Sight unseen at this point ... How does your pebble color choice work with the LED lighting? Some of what I've read says that the darker colors can tend to not show up the lighting colors as well....

Your pool is beautiful! What equipment is needed to keep the pool water out of the spa so that you can properly heat it? We have the same design but they didn't install any over flow mechanism and we only have 1 pump. The spa isn't getting hot because we can't isolate the water in the spa. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I only have a single Pentair VS XF pump. I have 5 returns (7 if you count the 2 venturi skimmers) in my pool and 2 in the spa. I do not have heat plumbed yet, but I have run the spa many times to test things. All my valves are controlled through my Pentair Intellitouch. I have macros setup for all sorts of effects and settings.

To create the spa overflow effect I have the valves at equipment pad set as follows:
SPA DRAINS = CLOSED
SPA RETURNS = OPEN
POOL DRAINS = OPEN
POOL RETURNS = OPEN
This way no water is sucked out of the spa. The water flowing into the spa from the 2 returns causes the spa to gently spill over into the pool.

Spa run mode:
SPA DRAINS = OPEN
SPA RETURNS = OPEN
POOL MAIN DRAINS = CLOSED
POOL RETURNS = CLOSED
This keeps the spa isolated (heated), water no longer spills over into the pool. Once completed, I can either overflow the water back into the pool, or keep it isolated if I want to maintain the heat for additional spa use throughout the day.

Pspeech, I may be misunderstanding your question. Are you asking how do I keep water from the pool getting in the spa?

If so, my pool and spa have different water levels. I usually keep my pool water level around 3" below coping (middle of the waterline tile). The negative edge on my spa is exatly 2" below the coping, so it's 1" higher than the pool water level. I'm sure if all 3 of our kids and my wife cannonballed into the pool some would get in the spa but not enough to cause problems heating the spa. In cases of rain, my pool overflows would capture the water before the pool overfilled into the spa.

Here are some pics of the spa/pool, ignore the mess - it's still a bit of a construction site.

From the deep end opposite the spa, you can make out the spa height difference. From the spa side looking towards the deep end, you cannot make out any elevation difference. This was done intentionally with the negative edge so it all looks like one body of water, even though there is a 1" height difference.

The funny thing is, every morning I have a frog sitting on the high edge of my spa looking out into the pool. He sits right under the coping on the spa edge. Everyday my kids take him away and put him in the wooded area behind our house. Today he was there with a friend. I'm hoping I don't wake up to 3 frogs on my spa edge tomorrow. We'll see....

5DDF7C03-2F2A-49A9-9489-B613909C8641_zpssdhhaa4c.jpg

8CFCCE26-D585-4A93-A4CC-5C65CC6BD4E2_zpswhoad9rs.jpg

FBE43130-516E-4F6D-89D0-AC46D333412E_zps9i8gkvlj.jpg

A5D0635D-4260-4898-A4C6-B3139B961760_zpss4o2v3gh.jpg

LOL at the froggy! I love the tiles with the sun and water shining on them. JEWELS!

Backed over it????? Then you get a pass. Now if you were having problems steering and drove over while going forward..............we would have to take your license! LOL

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.