New IG Pool with hole in liner & rust

token

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2010
Missouri
Hello All,

Over the weekend I noticed our deep end stair was missing one of the protective caps on one of the posts next to the liner (IG Pool w/SWG).
A 1 inch cut has been warn in the liner and the wall has begun rusting underneath.
The rust bubble around the hole is about the size of the top of a beer can.

Our pool was just install last Nov. and I'm very worried that this is going to be a big issue.
I'm not sure if our pool builder forgot to install it at spring opening or it disappeared sometime after.
In any case the protective cover was not found and I have put a PVC cap on it for now.

Can this be reliably repaired?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Token

If it was installed last Nov I'd be calling the PB to come fix it. If you didn't find the cap in the pool it was never put on.

That being said, It can be fixed but it may not be easy. Repairing the liner is very easy but if it's rusted the wall, that will be harder.

I have a call out to the PB but I wanted to get objective opinions on whether I should push for a new liner or be satisfied with a repair and possibly a warranty extension.

Thanks again,
Token

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.