New IG Pool in Cypress Texas! *New Pics Pool Filled 9/6/13*

Re: New IG Pool in Cypress Texas! *New Pics Pool Filled 9/6/

TexSS said:
Yes we upgraded our gas meter per the PB recommendation. One of our neighbors did not, and while he is saying he has no issues so far, my PB said he is probably starving his heater and will have issues down the road. Not sure who to believe. But to be safe on the $$$ pool investment, we spent the $350 for Centerpoint to come out and upgrade the meter to a high capacity. Gas guy came out and had the gas off for about an hour or two, then went in and relit the gas water heaters and inspected them to make sure they were in good running order.

The new meter is huge! But i guess it needs to be, to push the gas for the house and the 400K BTU pool heater.
My PB told me I may have to upgrade but to wait and see.
He did say though that I would have to have a regulator fitted as the pool heater (400k BTU Hayward) couldn't handle what the upgraded gas meter would throw at it and if I was to upgrade the meter to call him out and he'd fit the regulator to the heater for me.

I'll ask him again about this the next time I see him (unfortunately I've just spent the last 20 mins talking to him but he's gone now I've read this!).

Yes. We have the regulator too. This is essentially a commercial level gas meter so it has more than enough flow. They don't seem to make/provide a middle ground meter. It's either the standard residential meter or a big commercial meter.

In addition, when we add a whole house generator we are covered.

TexSS said:

This is one of the things I told my PB I had to have before we started construction. I am afraid it has fallen through the cracks as we have gone along.

TexSS said:
Yes. We have the regulator too. This is essentially a commercial level gas meter so it has more than enough flow. They don't seem to make/provide a middle ground meter. It's either the standard residential meter or a big commercial meter.

:goodjob: Yeah, I don't think lack of gas flow is going to be an issue for y'all...!

Same here, Centerpoint is scheduled to come out next week. $350 is steep but I guess in the grand scheme it's not that bad.

Have you had a chance to warm up the spa or are you still waiting for the plaster to cure?

[attachment=0:37mnyphc]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380830729.499183.jpg[/attachment:37mnyphc]

~TexSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380830729.499183.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380830729.499183.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 206

Almost done. PB just dropped off the ScreenLogic last night. Hoping to get that installed soon. Oh, and the Lab puppy likes to rip up the landscaping. I think my wife might have some chocolate lab fur for her purse if that keeps up... I keed I keed! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

TexSS said:
Almost done. PB just dropped off the ScreenLogic last night. Hoping to get that installed soon. Oh, and the Lab puppy likes to rip up the landscaping. I think my wife might have some chocolate lab fur for her purse if that keeps up... I keed I keed! :)

Please post about the use of the ScreenLogic. I cannot wait to hear about that. On the puppy . . . I will take a Lab wallet.

So, played around with Screenlogic setup last night. Plugged in the Protocol Adaptor and the wireless. Got it to connect to the Pentair servers but couldn't get it to talk to the pool. Will have to call Pentair tonight.

Just talked with PB. He called Pentair. There is an antenna and circuit board that comes with the ScreenLogic. We made the assumption that the antenna that came with the EasyTouch would work with the ScreenLogic. Apparently that is not the case. He needs to wire and setup the ScreenLogic antenna too. Should be done today I hope. PB has never setup the ScreenLogic withe wireless. Only wired connections.

Ok. Came home and PB was finishing up install of the antenna. Fired up PC version and it hooked right up. Cool!

Tried Apple app and no go. Said service could not connect to relay server... Hmmm ... Called Pentair.

Pentair asked what Name were we putting in.

I said XX-XX-XX which is the 6 digit code found on the protocol adapter. He said it has to be :

"Pentair: XX-XX-XX"

Put it in like that and BOOM! Started right up. It's nice! Works better than the EasyTouch remote. Don't have to cycle thru menus to get to what you want.

Example, I can pick the specific color of light i want the pool/spa light to come on as without cycling thru ALL the options.

~TexSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beatiful pool. I really like that travertine decking!! What did you pay per sq/ft? Wondering the cost of the pool too since i will be receiving quotes any day.

Thanks and enjoy!

Vegas Kid said:
Love the travertine. Noticed they put a concrete base under the deck. Any reason why then didn't just use sand/gravel?
you can use concrete beds here in Texas because its so mild all year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.