New IG Build in Athens, GA

Hello TFP

It is not going well with pool build. We are possible looking at sending a demand letter to our build due to lack of performance. Let me get up to speed. Project started 10/19/18, was told it was a 10 to 12 week job. We have been patient due to weather delays throughout the process. Without getting into all the nitty gritty details, lets just say this job has been handled poorly. We have our deck poured and the plaster was done on the 10th and pool was filled by late on the 11th. One week ago. Pump was not running until Monday. Still no chemicals except for something called Jacks Magic (I think) squirted from a bottle on Tuesday evening. The guy didn't wait for us to come out and talk to him and it was at about 8:30 at night. There are so many things that are unsatisfactory at this point the deck, the coping, expansion joint (or lack of) to name a few, but what I am really concerned about is the water chemistry and the pump performance. I want to add bleach and muriatic acid to at least sanitize and bring the Ph down. Its way off the chart using the K1000. The other issue is the pump (Jandy VS 1.65) seems way under powered and changes speed on its own. I think there is air in the lines. The tech did not seem to know what he was doing and told us the pump was self priming and to let it run full speed for a few days. If this is full power, then we were grossly misled. I have been brushing several times a day and trying to get debri off the bottom. The plaster looks really good for now, just concerned about the long term. We have reported these things to the PB and we get "Someone will be out this week". That was Monday night. Any advise would be much appreciated. And if I should post the chemical and pump issues in the respective forums, let me know.

Hello TFP folks - Help please

Still trying to get some issues addressed. Read lots of threads on how to deal with a PB that does not finish the job. Great info! We are currently withholding final payment because we cannot get the PB to address a couple major concerns. We had to resort to sending the certified demand letter to address our issues. I really hate that it has come to this. I really just want to pay the guy off and move on with my life. But there are a few major cracks in the deck, we have had two contractors and an engineer look and they have said it's failing. Having to have a core drill done next. Sadly, there is not enough money left to replace the deck if it continues to fail. The expansion joint is failing, sinking and missing in spots and looks like general Crud. They also refuse to provided lien releases and warranty paperwork for the WetEdge. I actually wasn't worried about lien releases until after we heard from an employee and a sub that folks weren't getting paid. They didn't finish the start up. We had to add the salt. Thank goodness I have TFP! Last straw, they refused to give me the robot until I pay the final invoice (holding my robot hostage!) and just said "we have completed the job" and have refused to come out and look at the issues. I have dealt with many contractors on my properties with no issues at all. Maybe I just got lucky. I just can't understand why this guy won't come to the site and look at the work. He just keeps having different employees (and even the pool cleaning company he hired to do the start up!) contact me about the final payment. It's bizarre. Well, he has the certified letter now, so we will see if that changes things. Its been 5 days since he got it and nothing yet.

So here is my question. Am I wrong? What would you do in my situation?

Pictures and everything in writing! You have a good start with the certified letter!

You are right in needing him to come take care of it! The liens would have me worried for sure!!!

Holding your robot??? NOPE!

Might want to make friends with a lawyer to get them to write a letter with their letterhead on it to him!

If there is any verbal talk make sure to follow up with a letter, email, text, etc to get it in writing!

Sigh........why does he have to be like this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.