new house with pool, what do I need to get started?

Need help asap!! So I came back and did not test water, i assumed it went to 0 as i didn't add any bleach yesterday and poured in a gallon of 10%, that would bring 0 to 10 FC according to the pool math, and 10 mins later i poured in another gallon in, now i waited 10 more mins and tested the water and it took me 60 drops to make pink go clear, thats 30 FC!! What do i do now? I got a little frustrated with the previous 10 min re-test and rushed thru the process now it seems its way over the top for my shock level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now is where you run straight to your laundry room, grab all of your whites, and throw them in! :p Kidding. :calm: No problem. The FC will drop soon enough. Just don't' add anymore bleach for a day or so. Test it tomorrow morning and tomorrow afternoon and it should be close to half of that. Lesson learned. :brickwall:

Thats weird 2 gallon should only take it to 20 FC tho.
Lol i got so excited when i was testing the water, it never took more than a few drops for it to turn clear, but as it past 20 drops thats when i got the mixed feeling, happy that i finally see some progress, worried that it might do some damage to the liner. Thank you, i will test again tonight, tomorrow and report back with results. Thank you!!

Added 1 gallon last night around 11pm to bring it to 10FC, tested the water around 7pm today and heres the result, i think its finally stabilized. Yahh!!! I added some CYA last night using the socks hanging at the return, its not fully dissolved yet, so i assume its around 15-20 CYA

e15516a25fedc79b27eab52ed0cc1ba3.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.