Greater Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So existing chlorine pool owner moving to a house with a new SWG pool. The pool was filled with water April 29th and the start up company has been handling the pool until now. A couple of issues, one, the pool was filled before the deck was poured so a lot of dirt and sand got into the pool...some of which sat there for a while. I asked the pool builder and was assured it wasnt an issue. The pool company supposedly got the water balanced but I know PH and Chlorine was off for a while.....the put in a floating puck deal along with liquid chlorine/cal hypo to get levels up here and there. They did remove some sand and dirt but to me never got it clean, they just removed a "bag" with some kind of vac system they had and would leave. Fast Forward until May 16th when I manually vacuumed the pool myself and got it to look the best it had but there was still areas on the bottom that didnt look good to me. I thought it was sand but after brushing it even though there was clouds of probably plaster dust some of the "dirt" stayed...and looks green. So i thought it was algae....fast forward to this past saturday when startup company finally added salt and got salt cell going.

Although water cleared up the bottom still is very streaky and looks like it has patches of green.

I also noticed since the Salt cell was turned on its producing a ton of white flakes into the pool. Are these white flakes showing up because of the PH being off?

I tested last night and ph was over 8 and chlorine was basically zero if my powder is still good. I am beginning to wonder if my testing powder is old, its dark and clumpy.

New pool is 17,500 gallons, gunite

Also another issue I have had is with the suction side cleaner, it seems like to make it run we have to shut off both skimmers and partially shut off main drain to give the suction enough power to run. Even then its pretty slow, not sure how fast the pentair rebel should run?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.