New house, old tub: how big is it?

srhuston

Sep 16, 2019
Trevose, PA
We just moved into a new house with a hot tub in a detached sunroom, and have been following the instructions left by the previous owner until I could learn enough about maintenance to adjust that schedule (his advice was to refill every year and add 1/2 tbsp of the dry chlorine he had once a day after using the tub). I've purchased a TF100 kit and a 2oz jar of Ahh-Some and plan to pick up a submersible pump and some of the basic chemicals today after testing my tap's CH to determine if I even need to get any calcium.

The tub itself is a Master Spas Legacy; the boilerplate says it was manufactured in 2008 with a model number of 6201, but I can find nothing about that online. The manual left behind for it, which says it's for 2008 models, does not show the correct control panel either. After some sleuthing it appears to be a Legacy Whirlpool, Enterprise model, based on the photos of the different jet layouts and configurations. The 2009 manual from their website has the same control panel layout as the unit in my yard, so maybe it's like auto manufacturers selling a 2020 model vehicle in September of 2019? Either way, the website for that model says the volume of the tub is 330 gallons and the manual says 410. Is there any way, other than hooking up a water meter to my garden hose, to figure out what's right? The difference is enough to change the values of chemicals needed for various Pool Math calculations otherwise I don't think I'd care that much.

TL;DR: New (to me) house, old tub, newbie user, no clue how much water this thing holds

Add some chemicals, test, and see how actual results compare with PoolMath. Adjust pool volume until your actual results are close to PoolMath predictions.

You can measure the tub and use the Estimating Volume at the bottom of the old Pool Math page and see what that gives you - PoolMath

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.