New hot tub, water is a translucent green

KathyKolo

Jan 6, 2023
Midwest USA
Hello all, we recently got a small inflatable hot tub for Christmas. Coleman Bahama 2-4 person hot tub. Since filling it and adding chlorine the water has turned a translucent green color and I can't get it to clear up. Getting extremely frustrated as we have only been able to use it twice since setting it up because of the water issues. It was filled from our hose, we have sand points (not a well) but not city water. I have tested the water and even took a sample into a pool store and they said it was because the PH was high. I've since added PH reducer and the tested levels are in range but it's still green. I've replaced the filter twice as well. Any tips on how I can get this cleared up?

Thanks in advance!

Probably best to give the sticky a read. It's "pinned" to the top of this forum.

I don't know what sand points is, but green sounds like algae. How much trouble is it to dump it and start over? What are you using for a test kit?

I recently installed a 300 gallon tub and after filling it from the hose spigot, it was about the same translucent green/brown color. I added the start-up chems and by the next day it was crystal clear. I adjust the total alkalinity first then the calcium hardness then ph level and lastly the sanitizer (I use bromine). Sounds like Newdude is on to something with the metals in the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.