New Homeowner - 1st Time Pool owner!

It is trying! I would not bother doing another overnight test until some of the haze is gone and it is more blue.

Ok will do.

I noticed that my water isn’t dropping like it was before? I’m not sure if it began when I figured out the filter issue or when I removed the deep end ladder. Since I did both of those the same day lol.

Also I’m traveling for a week. I’ll have my pops taking care of the pool would it be safe if I just told him to add a quart of LC brush and change the filter once a day?

I’m worried I’ll lose all the progress I’ve made thus far.

So after a week I’m back in town!

Pool was surprisingly clear. My lady poured half a gallon in AM half in PM. Only thing that slipped her mind was that our pool leaks so I lost about 8” plus it was blazing hot.

In the low end I can clearly see the bottom and in the deep end I can just about see the bottom. I managed to pull this log out of the deep end today!!! I knew there was something down there. I think there may be another one. Hopefully it’s not a cinder block (when we moved in they had some cinder blocks holding a tarp). I filled it up today. Leave ate it. And brushed it.

Going to run some tests now in a bit.

I’m struggling on vacuuming my pool I can’t keep suction for some reason.

Attachments

• F890F76A-83C1-4BA7-A12B-26F46C66D861.jpeg
    F890F76A-83C1-4BA7-A12B-26F46C66D861.jpeg
    740.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 9358C104-E4E8-4810-82D0-433481186C6D.jpeg
    9358C104-E4E8-4810-82D0-433481186C6D.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 23
Might want to get in to get what is still down there if you think it is a block..............Go job getting that wood out! I bet it was heavy! That getting out will help with the clearing of the pool!

Good job on your lady adding the chlorine twice a day!!

Kim:kim:

Might want to get in to get what is still down there if you think it is a block..............Go job getting that wood out! I bet it was heavy! That getting out will help with the clearing of the pool!

Good job on your lady adding the chlorine twice a day!!

It slid super easy along the water but getting jt out was a pain! It was so slippery and really heavy lol. Grabbing it was half the battle.

I think I’ll try that later today. Idk why I had this irrational fear that even tho my water is semi clear now that if I went in I would melt lol.

Forgot to add test results.
FC: 3
CYA: 20 (I’m guessing lower due to the water exchange)
PH: 7.3.

FC: 4.5
CC: 0
CYA: 20
PH 7.2

Water is actually pretty clear now. I can see the bottom of the deep end. I finished taking out all the leaves from the deep end. It felt endless but man does this feel great!!!

I will add some Stablizer to get my CYA back up to 20ish. Then hopefully pass the overnight test tomorrow!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You run the filter as long as needed to keep you pool clean. Lots of leaves=longer run time to keep the surface clear. Lots of swimmers=longer run time to mix the water up good with all they will *add* to the pool. Your pool will tell you what it needs by the tests and appearance. Keep a good log of what your tests shows and the weather. Once you do you will start to see patterns. That will make yourpool life even easier!

Reactions: Pperc
You run the filter as long as needed to keep you pool clean. Lots of leaves=longer run time to keep the surface clear. Lots of swimmers=longer run time to mix the water up good with all they will *add* to the pool. Your pool will tell you what it needs by the tests and appearance. Keep a good log of what your tests shows and the weather. Once you do you will start to see patterns. That will make yourpool life even easier!

This is great advice. "Run the filter as long as needed". Thanks for saying that so simply.

Awesome. Yeah the deep end has some trees that over hang it.

By my previous numbers if I’m not mistaken I passed the OCLT correct?

This morning I woke up and there were so many ants around the pool!! I thought that a storm had passed over but it was a bunch of bundled dead ants floating on the top. Now I have to find a way to keep them away.

? for a passed test! LOL Yes you did pass the OCLT! Well done.

How does the water look today?

When you find a way to keep the ants out share with me please!! It IS that time of year for them :( For now I keep a can of ant spray by the net. I net them out and spray them down! DIE ants! DIE!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.