New home owner in Altamonte Springs FL

Kylepb8196

May 17, 2019
Orlando, FL
Hello! I'm just getting started as a new home owner in Altamonte Springs (Orlando) FL. My pool is only a bit low on total alkalinity, but everything else is in range. My pool has been cloudy for the last 2 days. Any tips or suggestions besides raising the alkalinity with baking soda would be greatly appreciated!101711101713101716

Kyle,

Based upon your pics I'm pretty sure that you have an algae bloom... TA has nothing to do with your pool being cloudy..

To fix the problem we recommend that you perform what we call a SLAM... SLAM Process

We believe that it is best to test your own water, as the results that you get from pool stores are often like fairy tales... just not really true...

I suggest you read through this... ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Also might want to look over our Pool School and see what we are all about.. Pool School - Trouble Free Pool

Just let us know if we can help your get your pool pointed in the right direction...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Another Florida pool in the house. Welcome Kyle. All good info from Jim. You can purchase a TF-100 and a speed stirrer for here TFTestkits.net
Ask as many questions and we will be happy to answer them :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.