Mar 29, 2021
Harvest Al
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all,
I inherited a 24x54 136000 gallons ABG with sand filter in N. Alabama. I bought a swg but was told by pool guy that it would be to restricted flow with 4-5 90s(filter is close to return and skimmer). This ship hasn’t sailed yet. Any way I need to balance my chems before that anyway! I did what it recommended yesterday and which was 1 gal bleach and 4lbs of baking soda. I tested yesterday(results below TF-100 kit) and this evening between rain so the level will have to be drained. Not sure how accurate test was today
FC 2
PH7.5
TA 60
Cya 60
CSI-.71
Temp 69.9
Any suggestions? Do I keep following pool math recommendations? How accurate are the results today? Do I keep testing until it’s balanced? I’m using Liquid chlorine 10-12.5%03C2E9D0-827E-406A-9913-6E1C7C9E15A6.png

Hi, welcome to TFP! Which is the most recent set of test results, the ones you typed out or the screenshot? You can go into the poolmath settings and set up to share it with TFP. Then we can hover over your avatar and have access to reading your test results.

Reactions: Mbehr1983
Hi, welcome to TFP! Which is the most recent set of test results, the ones you typed out or the screenshot? You can go into the poolmath settings and set up to share it with TFP. Then we can hover over your avatar and have access to reading your test results.
The typed ones are from today

You need to bring your FC to the top of the target range according to poolmath. Everything else is ok. Be sure you enter your test results in poolmath so you can track them.
Do we do that by what pool
Math says? How many times a day am I supposed to be testing?

Test and adjust your FC daily. Test pH daily for a couple of weeks so you can track trends in movement or whether it remains fairly stable. When it is fairly stable test pH weekly. Test CYA, TA, and CH monthly and adjust as needed.

For example:
Since your poolmath screenshot says your FC target is 5-9ppm, and your last test result showed an FC of 2pmm, you should add enough liquid chlorine to bring the FC to 9ppm.
Your ideal CYA range is 30-60ppm. You are at 60ppm which is the top of the range. You don't need to take action other than to not add anymore products that contain CYA to the pool such as dichlor or trichlor (dry chlorine) and allow the CYA level to fall naturally with splash out and backwashing the filter.
Test pH daily and if it drops out of the 7.0 to 8.0 range in a day or two your will need to adjust your TA slightly higher until pH stays within the recommended range. Once it is stable test weekly.

Ok thanks! The app isn’t telling me how much to get it to 9. Do I just what’s recommended? Also I want to try the powder chlorine today, they didn’t put a spoon in my kit. What can I use in its place?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.