New Here! Need Help With Pool Cleaner

We have success!

I followed the instructions to prime the pump. The first time I still wasnt building pressure in the filter (air release valve) even on speed 4. When I turned off the pump the air release valve started sucking in air again and it looks like some sand from the filter came into the pump basket.

The second time it worked! I have steady pressure in the filter. I took the inlet hose off the booster pump and there was no water coming out. So I filled the hose up with water for 15-20 seconds and reconnected it. When I turned the booster pump on the automatic cleaner started going and has been going for about 30 minutes!

Thank you AJ and JTpipkin for all of your help and advice!

Reactions: jtpipkin
You should NOT have the filter air release valve open when starting up or shutting down the system.

It makes perfect sense that the air release is sucking air in when you turn iff your pump. At that time there is no longer water pressure and the filter will suck air in.

Glad we got you going.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.