New Heater Smell

tank47

Bronze Supporter
Apr 28, 2019
NJ
New pool, wanted to test out heater for first time tonight and noticed a smell. It wasn’t gas. I recently replaced my house furnace and the hvac guy warned me there would be a smell for a day or two for “burn in”. I figure that’s all this is however nobody warned me about this for the pool heater.
For what it’s worth the pool was completed in Jan and so the equipment sat until now without being used.

Anyone have similar experience?

I have had similar experiences with anything that gets really hot. My new backpack leaf blower smells like a combo of rotten eggs and burnt pastic. Whatever parts have the coating on them that needs to burn off, will burn off and the smell should go away.

Reactions: tank47
I have had similar experiences with anything that gets really hot. My new backpack leaf blower smells like a combo of rotten eggs and burnt pastic. Whatever parts have the coating on them that needs to burn off, will burn off and the smell should go away.
Thanks for the reassurance. Didn’t want to make the news today with a blown up house!

Lol. Keep an eye on it. Gas smell or flames anywhere they shouldn’t be, override the factory paint that was only cured at 350 degrees and not 1000. (#s made up for example).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.