Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi all,

Our new heater was installed yesterday (all info should be in my sig). It was turned on at approx 2pm. Water temp was 63 deg. One degree change (64) at 4pm. At 4pm, I put the solar cover on. Left the pump/heater running all night. This morning, temp is 63. The low temp weather wise for us was about 48-50deg last night. Does this seem normal? I know heat pumps don’t do the job quickly, but I thought it would have at least done something. But maybe I’m just unaware of how much the ambient temp outside effects it’s efficiency. I did troubleshoot a bit - flow seems fine, skimmers were cleaned and there is water leaking out of the bottom.

Thanks so much!

This is about right heat pumps generally will not keep up with nightly losses if the temps drop too low. And in the 40s they don't produce any heat. I think I'd just run it during the day for now.

Update: pool is at 75! I was just being impatient and not understanding. So I think we are good now. Solar cover is on, and the heater will turn off from 8p-8a with the pool pump.

Side question: is the filter pressure increased when a heater is added? I noticed ours is up a bit, even after backwashing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.