Jun 22, 2018
BALTIMORE
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello All!
We've purchased a home with an in ground 30,000 gallon pool. DE Filter. Just opened the pool in June...recently the current Hayward Pump started squealing and squeaking. Based on advise, since the motor was so old, we've replaced it with a new one. Now the new one has been installed. While installing it, the power tripped a couple times, but then it began to run without hesitation. Once installed it ran perfectly for about 24 hrs until my husband bumped into it while backwashing. Since then, every time we plug it in, the power trips. Any ideas of what could be happening? Suggestions? FYI... its a 1HP motor that replaced a 1HP motor....we have 120V coming from our power source.....any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

It sounds like the wiring to the pump may be loose. If you wish to check it yourself, you must de-energize the power going to the pump. Better is to contact who installed it to correct the issue.

If you are interested in learning more about TFPC, I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School book.

Thanks so much! Will do! I've only been in this group for about a month and I've gone from knowing almost nothing to so much! I'm already feeling less apprehensive about being a first time pool owner!

"While installing it, the power tripped a couple times, but then it began to run without hesitation"

Unless something is either wrong w the pump, conductors or breaker, this should not have happened. You do not trial and error a pump install.

I would call the installer back and spend the time to watch what they are doing and ask questions...either way, it sounds like either a faulty install or a possibly faulty equipment.

Also, what make and model of pump did you purchase...pls note your equipment make/model, it helps everyone to better help you - good luck

Thanks to all who responded. To clarify for anyone who may encounter the same issue, we DID NOT replace the entire pump....we replaced the motor. We replaced it with a Century 1 horse power pool and spa motor that has the capacity of 230 or 115 Volts. RESOLUTION: We called the guy back who installed it. He found that the existing switch was faulty. Therefore he had to replace the switch and we're good to go! Thanks everyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.