Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hello All,

First and foremost, most of this info was gathered from all you awesome people here on the forums. @kimkats @Texas Splash @hwy17 @kellyfair and all the others who answered my questions and gave me advice.

I'm posting this to potentially help someone else who is in the same boat. I know there are infinite ways to install these so I thought I'd share my progress. I purchased an HII Royal Embassy 15' AGP from Royal Pools and it has a hot-dipped galvanized wall, resin columns, resin top rail and resin bottom rail. I have a clay soil with some 'real dirt' mixed in, naturally. The pool will be buried up to 24" and my plan is to backfill with concrete slurry as per the manufacturers recommendations. A permit was required where I live and the 6' privacy fence on our property counts as the required barrier around the pool. We needed to install window and door separation alarms on those facing the backyard. There were tons of tree roots from a tree we had removed a year ago and they were sprayed with herbicide - just in case. I will be posting more photos and updates.

thumbnail_IMG_5475.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5481.jpg
thumbnail_63970404678__90F9CE43-2C9A-4C33-B4BC-C2B5090F0E2D.jpg

NOW they're level! lol. I used decomposed granite to raise the ones that need it, and dug out more to lower the remaining. This clay soil has a mind of its own so it will be interesting to see what shifts and when.
thumbnail_IMG_5603.jpg

Last edited:
In case anyone was wondering, it took 7 trips with a 2-yard dump trailer to get rid of most of the dirt. There is some left around the hole from leveling and fine-tune widening.

• Wow
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It rained for the first time after digging the hole today. We got about a quarter inch and it seems to have packed the clay instead of pooling and standing. I'm happy with the way it is now, hopefully we can install soon. The temps are unseasonably back down in the 50's-60' so I'm sure the liner would put up a fuss, it was in the 90's a few days ago!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.