Texas Jake

Jul 22, 2020
Houston Texas
Hello all! Im a new pool owner and have been enjoying everything about our new pool. Recent 6” rains messed up some chemistry and led me down a path of algae removal. Water is always crystal clear but some algae is present near steps sometimes. This is where TFP came in. I ordered my tf-100 kit and look forward to leaving the pool stores out if my weekly expenditures.

Welcome to TFP! 😀
Good choice on test kit!
Add your pool information to your signature when you get a chance. Helps the experts help you and saves typing if you have questions. Settings/signature
Post full set of test results when you get your kit. Experts can help you tweak if needed.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Good choice on the test kit. Be sure to read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and browse Pool School to learn what TFP care is all about. As for your algae issue, good on ya for recognizing it and NOT running to the pool store! Just add 5 ppm liquid chlorine daily until the TF-100 shows up, read the SLAM Process article til your eyes fall out, and post your results here so we can help you fix your pool.

And what a gorgeous pool! You should post it on the pool paradise thread!