NEW Gunite IG pool - West Texas

Here's yesterdays progress...PB is tiling right now.

photobucket is having a mental breakdown for me. I'll post the other two shots when it decides to cooperate.

Rest of yesterday's work

Lots of trenching. Looking like ww2 again.

- - - Updated - - -

Today's work!

Symmetry

Electrical conduit run

Don't mind the trash. It's windy here. Trenches attract trash.

They will be, no worries about that. They will have to get a move on soon...its about to be smokin' busy for PB's pretty quick. We are supposed to lay stone tomorrow.... What's next for you guys?

PB states we are waiting on the inspector to okay the electrical conduit. He is working on the plumbing to pad while we wait. This started today.

I guess once that inspection goes through, the tile work, coping, etc will start going in. We've been browsing through the options on the stairstep waterfall tiles. found some 3" blue tiles that match, and of course there are some 1" tiles that look good....we wanted 2"...undecided where we will go.

Fence work will resume this weekend. Mason states he will get the "dogs side" of the yard done, as well as our 4" block wall we are putting up between the water meter and our equipment.

photos to come. I'm a bit disabled at the moment...so give me a day or two.

Good luck with the recovery. :uhh::uhh:

Thank you. I'm back to 99% today. Here's the latest pics. I ventured out last night and took these. We got the electrical inspection passed, plumbing the pool should be done today, trenches should be covered as well today. Fence guy is suppposed to come again....he had two pallets delivered yesterday, so I'm optimistic he will be there today working.

Glad you're better! Hopefully fence guy shows up and gets some work done. It just seems to drag at this stage now. We just passed the 90 day mark, but we have to allow 20 or so more for weather delays.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I guess I'm @60 days in now. yikes.

PB has a 1 wk vacation coming up...so that'll slow things down for me by another cpl hours worth of work :p

Just looked @ Cameras, my Brick guy is at my house. Whew. I'm a pretty laid back guy, but this project is getting to me a little bit.

I'm curious to see what it'll cost me to increase the amount of decking to take care of the rest of the free space in my back yard. Less weeds I have to battle/grass to mow the better.

EDIT: well, it looks like today is becoming productive. I see where some wall has grown, that's always encouraging. PB has been there w/ a helper finishing the plumbing and filling in the trenches. Pics to come after 5.

He showed up way late and managed to make my fence not safe for the dogs... Then left. Needless to say I'm not thrilled.

Pool guys came and collected some of their tools and left. So nothing positive to report today.

PB told us 6 wks...I didn't believe him, and good thing. Because we're at 8wks now if my guesstimate math is correct. Other builders gave me quotes of 8-12wks. So that's what I expected. I'm hopeful we will make it at the tail end of that.

We had two weeks of sub freezing temps. That ended up putting us 3 wks behind (concrete waiting list is 3 wks long). So far I'm still pleased with the PB.

Have you looked into water restrictions for your fill? You might want too.

Yeah I did before we started the build (which was when restrictions were tighter than they are now.). Limited to 2 days/week back then. I think it might be up to 3 now. I plan on calling them again to get an approx. cost to fill. I know the rate jumps significantly when you use a bunch of water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.