New from Texas

Siltaylor

Jul 14, 2019
Plano, texas
Hello, I'm new on this forum and ready to learn everything about pool maintenance.
When my husband was alive, I never had the interest to learn anything about our pool, so I'm in trouble now. This is my first summer without him and I have had many bad experiences with pool guys, from charging me outrageous amount for things nobody has been able to fix to changing items the pool equipment that does not need. I'm tired of these companies, and now I'm very skeptical.

For the grace of God, and YouTube, I have learned one thing or two and have been able to keep the pool clear. There are those things that the pool guys were not able to fix, the hot tub empties itself in less then 30 minutes when I turn it on spa mode, when I turn the pool lights on, the power goes off. Adding to this list, some kind of bugs are appearing on the pool. I shock the pool once a week because the chlorine is always low... don't know why since the rest of the chemicals are good.

Thank you for reading me.

Sorry you had to find us under such circumstances, but welceme to our TFP forum! :wave: You sound like a DIY kind of person, and you are certainly motivated to do so, and we can help.

Pool chemistry: After watching the video linked above, make sure to read/save those Vital Links below in my signature. Make sure you have your own TF-100 test kit. Everything we coach you through hinges on accurate at-home testing. As you've already learned, you can't trust results from outsiders. Also make sure to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. It will help us later.

As for the SPA and pool lights, we can take that one step at a time. Later you might create a new thread on the appropriate sub-forum for those items, and I'm sure lots of folks here will be happy to help.

We like to think we're a happy bunch here, and we enjoy helping others with pools. Let us know if you have any questions. Have a good day. :swim: